Has anyone used "Phonic" audio gear?

Stong

I'm trying to get a grasp on what kind of quality these folks offer, as I've never even heard of them before (which doesn't lead me to assume pro audio). I've been offered some PA gear at a good price which includes a Phonic Powerpod K-12, which is a 12 channel powered mixer (2x500w). If anyone has any clue at all, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it!
Cheers.

It's passable on a good day.
I wouldn't touch it, unless it's cheap enough that you could resell it for a nice profit.

I have used one of their monitior consoles and hated it. It was very touchy and often didn't work very well. ANy one that I have talked to about it has said Stay away, and has had similar experiences as myself.

Generally Phonic offers entry level gear. They do have a couple gems and a few others to run away from. Probably better than Behringer on average IMHO.

I'm trying to get a grasp on what kind of quality these folks offer, as I've never even heard of them before (which doesn't lead me to assume pro audio). I've been offered some PA gear at a good price which includes a Phonic Powerpod K-12, which is a 12 channel powered mixer (2x500w). If anyone has any clue at all, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it!
Cheers.

Never heard of it. In my experience the really cheap stuff usually doesn't cost THAT much less than a good deal on some middle of the road stuff. When you factor in the hasle and break down factor its not worth it. Get a good price from a nice dealer like our own BillESC on something a little better. Saving a couple hundred bucks just isn't worth it. Tell him "I've got $X to spend what can you hook me up with"... you may be surprised.

it was my first proper desk it worked great for a year then the power supply died...now sits gatering dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back