Haze through holes in stage deck

Is it possible to send haze down a pipe which is released through many holes in the stage deck?
Many smoke machines have ducting attachments for this sort of thing but I haven't found any such thing for hazers. Any reason for this?

Hazers are generally used for ambiance and therefor do not required the direct control of their output like smoke machines. Don't see why it would not work, but you might have to put a whisper-fan on the hazer end of the duct, and shoot the hazer at it. Allow an air gap between the machine and the fan as any direct connection may inhibit the performance of the hazer as they are meant to mix in a lot of air.

use a "Y" tube hook the fan to one leg of the "Y" and the hazer to the other leg and then they combine into one pipe out to your stage
That way you can keep the air in motion, have an already established flow, then add the haze to it to suit your needs.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I am aware of the idea of using a Y piece and a fan. This would be good for a single stage outlet. Has anybody tried to get the haze out of two or more vents. Presumably that needs one fan and controller for each vent to balance the outputs. Can this be done or do I need a second hazer? (Martin JEM K1)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back