Hellermann Sleeve Size?

Hi there ControlBoothers,

I am ordering my first Hellermann tool and sleeves for use with Countryman B3 mics and was wondering if anyone had a suggested size for the Hellermann sleeves? Seems like something between H12 and H20? Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Some translation might be in order, since I had to look up "Hellermann tool." Apparently, this is a cable tie tool and "sleeves" are cable ties. Do I have that right? You'll have to tell us what an H12 is.

For everyone uninitiated with the Hellerman tool, we had a great thread about mic rigging a while ago here on CB. Here it is. It's a very specialized tool for adding 1" elastic tubing to lavalier rigs for theatrical purposes.

H16 is my go to size, and for connectors and such H20 is fine. They will stretch plenty, and you want them to be snug or else they don't hold onto the wire.

For everyone uninitiated with the Hellerman tool, we had a great thread about mic rigging a while ago here on CB. Here it is. It's a very specialized tool for adding 1" elastic tubing to lavalier rigs for theatrical purposes.

H16 is my go to size, and for connectors and such H20 is fine. They will stretch plenty, and you want them to be snug or else they don't hold onto the wire.

Thanks! I ended up going with H20 since I was a tight schedule, glad to know you think they will work out fine.

For the others here is a link to some info about the type of micing I am doing. The top picture is of a Hellermann tool.:Low-Tech Must-Haves In Your Wireless Mics Toolkit | Sound Tech: Wireless Dressing | Gear content from Live Design Magazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back