Hello All

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard. Good to have IATSE representation! I work with the brothers here in portland a lot. Good group of guys in #28 and #488.

Welcome to the booth Lamphead. Tell us a little more about your theater. "Soundlight" will be along soon to ask for a link to your company's website anytime now... opps beat you to it ;)

It's great to have an IATSE member here. I don't know that we have a lot of them. So it's always great to get more perspectives. There are lots of young folks just starting out seeking advice around here, so info from a union perspective could be very valuable to them. Enjoy, use the search function you'll be amazed at the volume of information... and if you are a true "lamphead", you'll enjoy posts from "Ship" the king of the lamp heads.

I'm memeber of Local One, here in New York City and work at the Met. Opera House. Like most of the people on this list I started out working on my high school stage crew. Where a few years ago I had the treat of taking my young daughter to see a production of the first show I had ever worked on. Lots of fun for her dad.

Welcome aboard.

I hope I can say this on behalf of us all, please do not take any of the union stereotyping that occasionally goes on personally. I think it's a case of it being easier to blame a stereotype than to get to the actual source of the problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back