Hello all!

Josie

I found this forum searching for info on Clear-Com systems. Lots of good info here! I've enjoyed reading the war stories of fellow techs. :)

I'm an all-around tech for a 260-seat theatre. We do mostly concerts, seminars, and lectures, with the occasional play thrown in. I consider myself pretty handy with sound but could certainly learn more about lights (well, I can always stand to learn more about anything...).

Nice to meet you all; I'll be over in that Clear-Com thread, asking stupid questions...

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Welcome Aboard Josie! No such thing as a stupid question, only those un-asked or those already answered and not searched for. :mrgreen:
Hope you have fun! and don't be afraid Most of us don't bite. Except the Aussies.

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
Welcome, Josie. If you can't find the answer to your Clear-Com questions, be sure to start a new thread. I was just remarking yesterday that I dislike the RS-601s and thought the RS-501s were okay, but I still prefer the metal beltpacks, as those were indestructible: built like tanks, weighed as much, too!

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
..................... but I still prefer the metal beltpacks, as those were indestructible: built like tanks, weighed as much, too!
No if only they had come in a matte black finish...... That'd be cool.

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Welcome to the booth Josie. There's a great community here. We like to hang out and have a laugh while learning something too.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
The only bad side about this board is no one is as nerdy as us in real life, or at least not so many in one place that I've found.

Logos

Welcome aboard Josie.

Oh and Van if you think there's no such thing as a stupid question then you aren't talking to enough Australians. We do it deliberately just to confuse you guys.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Charc we either call that "liberating" or "commandeering", not "stealing"

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Charc we either call that "liberating" or "commandeering", not "stealing"
I prefer "Location Re-assignment".
e.g.
"Your new 24" LCD monitor has been re-assigned a location to my desk, as I spend much more time Drawing and much less time surfing MySpace, while at work."
:rolleyes:

Chris15

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Departed Member
Welcome Aboard...

Van, we may bite, but one has to provoke us first...

And equipment is reassigned subject to prevailing operational requirements, geez you'd think you lot were honest...:twisted::mrgreen:

LD4Life

Welcome aboard Josie.
Oh and Van if you think there's no such thing as a stupid question then you aren't talking to enough Australians. We do it deliberately just to confuse you guys.
I knew there was a reason you guys thoroughly confuse me. Nice to know.

Hughesie

Welcome aboard Josie.

it's not gas, it's petrol

and it's aluminum "al-u-min-i-um""

not aluminm
stupid yanks

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
If it has a toilet it's a motorcoach...not a bus!!