hello and a little background

SageWOok

Greetings from the Midwest!

New to this forum, but am very impressed with the knowledge base on this site!

After working sound for my high school for 2 years, i began to purchase equipment to run on my own after i graduated. Mostly to run sound for local bands at small venues in my area and eventually started renting and running sound for DJs for college/frat parties at IU. I just knew i wanted to stay involved with sound/lighting. i loved everything about working with production.

Sound setup :
(2) JBL JRX-125's, (1) Yamaha CW218V, (2) Crown CE2000 and a Behringer Xenyx-x2222

I purchased most of my lighting in 2011. I was (and still am) new to it and began doing some research on my own since i didnt know many people in my area at the time that were involved with lighting.

I bought (4) Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250s, (2) adj Mega Bar LED's, ADJ Quad Phase, and ADJ Galaxian Sky laser all ran with an Elation DMX Operator.

Having looked back on it now, really really wish i would've done more research into lighting before spending any money. Up until i sold my Intimidators in 2012 (got laid off, and needed to pay bill ), i learned to run lighting on that crappy DMX controller. It wasn't an easy task, but it taught me the basics. now that I've ventured into PC based control software, it feels like I've went from stone and chisel to Windows XP!

For now, I am concentrated on advancing in the Lighting field. I am working with a local production company on learning how to run visuals for DJs a few times a week with Resolume. I plan to purchase a Chamsys mini wing by the end of the month and have been working on learning MagicQ more and more. I still have all the other lights (except the Intimidators) I bought before and am running off an Entec DMXPro right now. I have been using QLC+ with TouchOSC and an Akai midi pad controller for control. I have been saving for about 5 months and think I'll reach my goal ($5000) by June. Still back and forth on what lights i would like to get, but this forum has been very helpful with the selection process.

Sorry for the book :)

Look forward to being an active member of this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back