Hello ControlBooth! I finally joined! :D

TechNinja

Hey everyone. I'm in Sioux Falls, SD. I'm ending my freshman year as a Music Ed. major and Theatre minor. I've been involved in the theatre world since I was little, but was mainly on stage. I joined the tech world my freshman year of high school, and absolutely fell in love! I love it so much, I've fully fallen to the dark side, and making myself even more insane by declaring a double major next year. I will be not only a MuEd major...but also a Theatre major. I don't really have a specific field yet. In high school, a friend and I ruled the techs for the greater half of high school, and I did anything from 'stage management' to 'carpentry' to 'flys' to 'stage hand.' Now that I'm in the real world and a much better run space...yay college!... I as a minor have yet again done everything. Done some ASMing, lighting work, and sound work...and whole lot of carpentry....apparently I'm good at it! But with my newfound double-major. I am deciding what I would like to specialize in. Either electrics or SM; we'll see how it turns out over the summer.
I found out about CB my senior year of high school, when a TD showed me and my friend. He instantly joined, and I of course, was sceptical. But I've read many, many posts, and heard it talked about incesantly. So, I finally made the move to join and try you all out!
So, thanks for having me, and here goes!

And welcome aboard, TechNinja!

Yes, it sounds as though the theater bug that bit you has had staying power- not a mild case indeed!
Interesting that you are in Sioux Falls, as I lived at 608 S. Jefferson in Sioux Falls when I was a wee one, prior to moving to Fort Wayne. It is certainly a smaller world than we think!

Once again, welcome to the ControlBooth and I look forward to reading of your theatrical exploits (with photos) in the future-

actually yes, I'm the friend :lol:

Thats what I was thinking, but I thought I would ask anyway!

Now, how do I get some of my friends to join?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back