Hello crew world!

Hi everyone! I'm Cassie, and I am so glad that I found this website. I'm currently a high school freshman, and I've been on stage crew for only 2 productions (but that number certainly will grow!). I primarily do run crew, where I move most of the big set pieces. I also dabble a little in props if they need the extra assistance. I'm really looking forward to learning a lot on this site! :D

Hello! Welcome to Control booth. Feel free to check out The control booth Wiki, which ( to my knowledge) is one of the largest databases for theater discussions and information on the web. Also if you have any questions or just want to hear more about something feel free to post in the many forums provided,or just read up for research. Something to be aware of on this site is that spelling and punctuation matter. Things in these posts can get very confusing very quickly when those rules are ignored. I'm sure in just a little bit one of the site moderators will be by to give you a hello. Happy reading and we'll see you around!

Hello Cassie, welcome to my world, welcome to my life. It's a rocky road, full of incredible joy and pain. It's addictive to the core. If you survive the ups and downs of the early years, you'll find it is a heck of a roller coaster ride and worth every minute. If you get the chance, try working as a performer/actor/dancer at least once in your career, to get a glimpse of what and how they do their jobs and how much all our jobs depend on what the other half does. Without technicians actors are speechless, naked, on a bare stage in the dark. Without actors, directors and choreographers technicians are all carpenters, welders and house painters without a job. My experience as a performer/dancer made me a far better technician/designer than I ever could have been otherwise. let us know how your path progresses.

Hey Cassie,

always good to see les fille in the industry (and on the site), some of my best theatre-tech friends are girls who do fantastic work. Most everything else has been said, but I just had to join in on welcoming you in order to comment that it appears (from your username) that you have already found what I jokingly call the "lifeblood of theatre" (caffeine). All Hail the Coffee Bean!

And verra-nice intro (Hello Crew World, made me laugh).

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back