Hello Everyone!

hmhyde

Hello one and all!
I am a Northern California high school senior that somehow has ended up in charge of my school's blackbox theatre. My friend and I spent the summer repairing, organizing, cleaning, and updating the blackbox and our costume department and now spend the majority of our time helping/running shows in the theatre as well as trying to keep up with maintenance and various improvements. I guess this is one time being on ASB is handy, at least funding wise. Anywho, I consider myself 0.5 of a barely passable tech, so advice is always needed and much appreciated. Looking forward to learning much from the pros here!

Welcome, we seem to be getting a lot of NorCal students lately! Be sure to read up on the discussions, ask questions (after using the search function of course), and take a look at the wiki.

Enjoy your stay!

im quite jealous that your HS has a blackbox. Welcome to CB!

In addition to what others have said about the wiki and search functions, take time to just browse various forums. I'm still surprised at the useful information I find when I'm not necessarily looking for it. This board has a great mix of students, educators, professionals, contractors, installers, company reps, etc, and everyone is generally pretty unpretentious ;)

By the way, you seem to be on the complete opposite end of this behavior, but take a read at the "King/Queen of the Booth" complex. With what seems to be great responsibility thrust upon you and your friend (congrats on being entrusted with that), this can create problems with other students and potentially faculty.

http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/education-career-development/9503-king-queen-booth-complex.html

Like I said though, me suggesting this is no reflection of you currently, but this helps give perspective to anyone - myself included. Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back