Hello from Down Under!

Would you rather be in...

• Total voters

Ishi Sobti

Hi! My name is Ishi and I'm currently a Year 10 student in Brisbane, Australia. I recently moved here from Milwaukee, WI, USA. I originally got into theater (or theatre as the say here) about 3 years ago, with my middle school drama department. Ever since I have gotten the amazing opportunity to produce 3 musicals and 2 plays a year, but that has changed since I moved to Australia. My main focus is stage management, however I have a vast knowledge of electrics, along with sound design and some rigging knowledge. I am currently exploring the technical theater scene in Brisbane, trying to find either a job or something. Although theater is my biggest passion, I'm also a swimmer. Thanks for reading and learning about me!

(Feel free to answer the random poll above)

Ishi

Hi! My name is Ishi and I'm currently a Year 10 student in Brisbane, Australia. I recently moved here from Milwaukee, WI, USA. I originally got into theater (or theatre as the say here) about 3 years ago, with my middle school drama department. Ever since I have gotten the amazing opportunity to produce 3 musicals and 2 plays a year, but that has changed since I moved to Australia. My main focus is stage management, however I have a vast knowledge of electrics, along with sound design and some rigging knowledge. I am currently exploring the technical theater scene in Brisbane, trying to find either a job or something. Although theater is my biggest passion, I'm also a swimmer. Thanks for reading and learning about me!

Ishi
Welcome to Control Booth Sir!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Welcome Ishi! Lot's of the more knowledgeable people here on the booth love to answer questions ranging from "How do I find a job" to "What happens if I plug two circuits together with a double male extension cord," so please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We all came to CB in order to learn.

P.S. Please don't plug two power circuits together.

I'm also a swimmer. Thanks for reading and learning about me!

Ishi

What strokes ?.

I swam competitively from age 6 to 17, then 33 to 50 as a Master. I still swim 6,000 to 8,000 yards a week.

Stay with it. Always. The technical theater business is hard on the body and you need an activity that will clear your mind as well as keep your body conditioned and swimming is as good as you can get. Running also good as it's cheap and easy and you can go anytime. I also cycle a lot but ANY alternative activity that is healthy for you and gets you out of the theater whenever possible is a HUGE benefit to you and will prolong your career. One of our senior members here canoes extensively in Canada every year and I'm certain would testify as to how he NEEDS to do these trips to keep his head on. Footer and Mrs Footer downhill ski, Mrs. Footer is also a runner.

And welcome to the forum. Where in Oz do you live. My nephew lives in Melbourne, born east of NYC but LOVES Australia and will stay for good I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back