Hello from Maryland!!

Hi
I am a highschool student who lives and breathes sawdust and dusty catwalks!!!!!! I LOVE lighting and I literally cannot go a day without thinking about a cool gobo or gel color. I am going to be the light co-crew chief at my highschool this fall for Brighton Beach Memoirs and I joined so that I could get opinions and maybe see what others have done for this show.

Welcome to the Booth Minion! You have found a special place. You'll find the place filled with an interesting mix of highschool students, college tech students, professionals working in the industry on a variety of levels, educators, and even people who work for manufacturers and dealers. There aren't many other places that you can ask a question and have such a diverse group of experts available to answer it. Get to know the search function first of all. There is a ton of amazing information in the archives. We don't like to answer the same question 10 times so check the past first. It's always fashionable to read an old thread and post a follow up question to revive it and bring it back to life for more discussion. Also read through the wiki we are working hard to develop it as another great source of information for you.

As for your specific situation with Brighton Beach: First off we love to help, but you'll find we won't do the work for you. We try to model professional skills around here, so we will be happy to help you through the process but we want you to develop your skills. So start start a thread over in the lighting forum about it. Begin by telling us more about your school's technical capacity (number of dimmers, type of light board, inventory of lighting equipment, budget for the show, any oddities about the set or the stage itself you need to deal with). Then share your vision for the show. Your thoughts on what you would like to do with lighting. Then you'll get great feedback about ways to accomplish your vision and tricks to potentially add to it. If you don't have a vision no problem, we'll be happy to help you develop your vision. It sounds like fun and there are many here who will be happy to help.

See you around the booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back