Hello From Michigan!

chrizEHS

THis seems to be a very active community, which is really cool, I also like the fact that noone gets B*****ed out for saying onything noob, like a lot of other forums.

I have a burning question, we have a unison house system and and express console, and one time someone overrode the touch panel presets. Me and my firend are completly noob and we panicked and called ETC, (lol) we fixed the problem; but one thing was not completly clear, do the Presets on the touch panel coresepond exactly with the button stations,

Ex. setup, band, etc; SO that if the panel gets flashed it does it affect the corresponding button in the exact same way?

Soory for making such a long post, and thanks in advance for the help,

Chris

First, welcome. Unison systems are set up on a case by case basis. The buttons at any station can be mapped to just about anything. From places I have worked in the past that have a unison system, most have button stations that always control the same thing that can not be recorded over... i.e. house lights, works, etc... and touch panels that you can record looks into. It is possible to link soft buttons on a touch panel to hard buttons, but once again, its on a case by case basis. Call the company that installed and programed the system, they should have a plot of how everything is patched.

Welcome Aboard! Yes, this a very active board with a ton of depth and width of knowledge. We try really hard not to bash noobs. Usually the biggest transgression is failing to use the search function and asking a question that has been asked 14 times in the last month. Long post ? Ha! Wait 'till you read one of ships posts. :mrgreen: I think footer gave you good advice. You should be able to get in touch with the consulting firm that installed your system and get a hold of a users manual for your specific setup. Most likely the one they provided is moldering in a file cabinet in some mid-level managers office in your school districts home office.

Welcome to Control Booth! Please contribute by asking and answering questions!! That is how we all learn!

I work in a HS theater as my job, I feel your pain of having to take things over & learn while doing! But as I tell "my kids", you may be new now, but think of what you have already learned that will help you later this year, next year, and the years after that!

Dennis

Welcome to Controlbooth.

...We try really hard not to bash noobs. Usually the biggest transgression is failing to use the search function and asking a question that has been asked 14 times in the last month.
I am in complete agreeance.

Long post ? Ha! Wait 'till you read one of ships posts. :mrgreen:
What? No credit for when I or some of the rest of us, you included, get going on something. Particularly if it's safety related.
While Ships' posts do frequently take the cake for longest posts, they are ALWAYS worth reading and ALWAYS provide useful advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back