Hello from Southern Ontario

JustinT

Hello everyone!

I'm Justin.

Currently I'm a 3rd year college student studying Mechanical Engineering Technology.

I've done tech related work all throughout high school, as well at my church.
I run the computer system, lighting, and occasionally sound for Sunday services. I help out with the church website when needed.

I became interested, and began working with sound the the church when I was about 14. I was curious what that big thing with all those knobs and sliders was.

Fast forward to today, and I'm the only technically-minded person running the tech at the church(Not trying to boast, I hate the fact that I'm the only one). If something is messed up, I'm the one called to fix it, and usually at last minute.

I'm working on making our sound and computer systems more organized and user friendly for the non-tech-minded people who volunteer to help with the systems. Hopefully I'll have almost everything straightened out within the next few months.

I was reading through the Techie Sayings thread, and I really like this one:

" If I have done my job well, no one will know I've done it at all."

I'm by no means an expert at all of this. I'm confident that this forum will help me expand my knowledge with the systems that I'm tasked to operate.

Thanks for all of the advice in advance.

Justin

Welcome to the Booth! This is really a good place to expand your knowledge. It has for me!

<< " If I have done my job well, no one will know I've done it at all." >>

Absolutely.

Thanks for joining us Justin, and I'm sure there are a number of people at your church that appreciate what you do. (Though most have no idea as to the effort required and amount of time spent.)

Perhaps a free digital subscription to Church Production Magazine will provide some time saving tips for you. Church Production Magazine

Welcome to The ControlBooth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back