Hello From Texas...Im Needing Help With Martin Mac 500

Edward Robles

Hello, I'd like to start by thanking you for your sincere initial welcome to Control Booth...Thank You. While I Am A New Member, I'm A little Confused As To How Everthing Works, And How To Go About Uptaining The Information I'm Seeking, And Getting Clearity On My Most Needed Confusion. I Apologize, In Advance If I'm Not Addressing My Issue In The Proper Mannor, Or The Right Place, Or Person, For That Matter.
Here's My Delemah...Again, Please Excuse My Ignorance Regarding my Question...I Recently Purchased 10 Martin Mac 500's... (Note They are Not The 500E's, Just The 500's) Because I'm Not Familiar With Them What So Ever, I'm Left With The Question And Must Ask, Why These Fixtures Are Wired With A Cord Attached To Them That's Meant For 220v? Are They Multi Tap,? As Far As Voyage Is Concerned?...Fo They Have To Run On That Voyage To Be Operational?...I Just Don't Understand Why They Need To Use So Much Power If They Don't Have To. (Or Do They?) In Short, I'd Like To Know How To Make Or Convert Them To Be Fully Operational At 110 Volts Of Power, If It Is At All Possible. Please Inlighten Me On This, And Help Me To Get Some Clarity On This Issue. Also Is Like To Know If The Martin Mac 500's Can Be Controlled By Any Fixture Control Board Other Than What Was Originally Designed For It. Regardless Of Who Manufactured The Control Board? Thank You..

I think you will find your model with the magnetic ballast is designed for only 200 to 260 volts. The "E" version with electronic ballast seems able to work on 100 to 240 volts. Sorry.

Volts is not really a measurement of power. More about watts.

I suspect you got these for a lot less than list price, so is it worth it to figure out how to distribute the correct voltage - probably 208 if you are in an otherwise 120 volt world? If you could find a 120/208 panel or panels in the vicinity, possibly all soft distro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back