The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hello, from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by Shazbat, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Shazbat

Shazbat Member

Hey, guys!

I'm from Ft.Worth, and this May, I will have been a freelance local stagehand for 10 years.

I've done pretty much everything that a stagehand can do: vidiot; audiot; light-hanger; cable-runner; truss-bolter; scaff-handler; deck-huffer; screw-gun op; case-pusher; pipe-and-draper; truck-loader; stand-by-to-stand-byer.

Been involved with countless numbers of corporate shows and have worked with too many headliners to mention; names that I'll be able to brag about to my kids and grand-kids, which they will try to convince me that it never happened (but the kids and grand-kids will have to be born before that can happen). The show that I look forward to the most each year is the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving Day halftime show, which I've been involved with every year since 2000; I also appear in Paul McCartney's concert DVD called "Back in the US", in various crew-shots during the load-out in Dallas. Been seen my millions of people, and nobody knows who I am; I love that kind of fame!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Welcome Shazbat! Glad to have you here. Be sure to check out the wiki and search function, they are great features of the site. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

3. Anvilx

Anvilx Active Member

Hey welcome. I like it how people from Texas me included identify first with Texas and then with a city or country!

4. Shazbat

Shazbat Member

IS there another country? ;)

Yeah, even when I'm asked on the internet what country I'm from I say, "Texas".

5. Franklights

Franklights Member

Hey - welcome aboard from Texas - San Antonio

;)

6. RichMoore

RichMoore Member

If you are ever down in Corpus Christi, stop in and check out my house.

Rich

7. Shazbat

Shazbat Member

Never been in that area; I've been to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and Bandera.

8. Les

Les Well-Known Member

Shout out from Denton/Dallas!