Hello from the LAC

LACHC1

Goodmorning,

I'm the new Head Carpenter for the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga, ON. I've known about the site for only a short while and just recently stumbled through a forum looking for a little paint talk, which I so conveniently found and thought I'd become a member in the process.

I'm not sure what else to say, but I guess as a bit of an introduction I'm 23 and started with the centre in 2008. The 12 year old venue hosts 3 spaces, Hammerson Hall which is a 1300 seat proscenium theatre in an opera/orchestra layout. RBC Theatre which is a 400 seat black box studio theatre. And finally Rogers Theatre which is a small 110 seat lecture hall with A/V. It's a very cool building all around, and because of it's locations and full-time camp workshops... a very busy place. Check it out if you're in the GTA sometime.

As for myself, like I said I'm just a young guy at 23, I've been into the theatre, a/v and production life since gradeschool... one of those kids, if you'd like. Carried on working in and then for both Cawthra Park SS and Sheridan College where I finished a program for technical theatre production. I landed a gig at the Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque, ON for the summer after I graduated and spend an incredible 6 months there working with them on their 2007 summer season. Shortly after that stay I moved back to hometown Mississauga and worked for various production companies before taking my current position at the LAC. I hope to take as much as I can from the position, learn from the massive variation of crew and production styles that roll across our stage, and hopefully one day step into the roll of a Technical Director or Production Manager.

That's It!

Shawn Lague

Welcome to the booth, Shawn! It would seem you've already mastered the use of the Search feature, but also be sure to check out the extensive Wiki and add to it wherever you can. Don't be afraid to jump in and start posting. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back