Hello From Vegas (some more, cause I know there's a lot of us here)

Hi Everyone,

I'm Shannon, I am the onsite props lead for David Saxe Productions, I started out in wardrobe for many years and have recently (about 6 months ago) transitioned to props. I grew up in Alaska and moved out here to the desert about 3 years ago.

Ask me anything, pepper me with questions because I promise I'll do the same to you, I love networking with other people in the community!

You said anything. Why leave Alaska? I've never been but definite bucket list place to visit. Have been to Yellowknife NWT so know I'd like Alaska.

Especially for the desert....

Welcome. Glad you've come aboard the good ship CB.

You said anything. Why leave Alaska? I've never been but definite bucket list place to visit. Have been to Yellowknife NWT so know I'd like Alaska.

Especially for the desert....

Welcome. Glad you've come aboard the good ship CB.

Well after about 30 years the beauty of snow and frost covered trees wears off. It will absolutely always be my homeland and I do miss the lush greenery in the summer, but at the end of the day I am happy to not have to warm up my car in the morning for 6 months, happy to always have more than 5 hours of daylight a day, and VERY happy to have steady work in the industry I love (not a lot of theatre jobs in Alaska.)

Seems like LV is the Mecca for CB.

Welcome to the boards.

Yep, we don't all plan to move here, but then we kind of get spoiled. Welcome aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back