The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hello, I'm a Vidiot! ;-)

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by Cuelist, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cuelist

Cuelist Member

Hello!

This is Mats Karlsson in Belgium. I just joined and here's a brief introduction:

Since September 2007 I am "technology manager" at Martin Visual Solutions (a division of Martin Professional A/S in Denmark). I'm responsible for the development of new and useful product in the video domain, mainly LED displays.

Prior to that I was product manager for "creative lighting" at Barco, my main achivements being adding a DMX controlled dowser to the CLM projector and being the "father" of the MiSTRIP and MiTRIX LED screen products.

Further back in time I dabbled in product design, did sales for a major distributor as well as some 15 years of production work in my native country of Sweden.

I'm also the author of a couple of dozen technical articles published in magazines such as LiveDesign, ESTA Protocol and Lighting & Sound International.

I hope I can make some valuable contributions to video and LED technology on this forum.

Mats Karlsson

2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Hi Mats. Great to have you here! I look forward to reading your posts. I am sure they will be a great addition to the site. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.

So what you're saying is you're new to the business, and really want to learn about Lighting and Control technologies ?
    :rolleyes:
    :mrgreen:
    Welcome Aboard ! What a wonderful addition to our bullpen here at CB!

4. Raktor

Raktor Active Member

So I don't have to go to LightNetwork anymore? Brilliant. :p

5. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Welcome to the Booth, Mats. I'm thrilled you have joined us instead-of/in-addition-to all those other "wannabe" social networking sites. We were doing it before it had a name, and unlike most forums, ControlBooth has a Mission Statement.

We're always happy to welcome more manufacturer's reps here--to share in the good, bad, and ugly. Might you know anything about LED lighting, as that's a topic that seems to arise quite often?;) I bet you had a hand in creating those five 6' globes covered in MiPix I saw on a corporate show two years ago. Rumor was they cost $250,000 each!

Enjoy your time here, and post early, post often.