Hello, out there.... We need help!

Hello, my name is Cookie. I am a volunteer for a Women's Recovery Program in Phoenix, AZ. We help women living in the aftermath of Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse, Mental Health Disorders, and release from Correctional Facilities getting their lives back on track. Part of our program non-profit fund-raising is a thrift store, and we recently acquired a STRONG SUPER TROUPER FOLLOW SPOT, but we know absolutely nothing about it. We have been trying to sell this gigantic light for a few weeks on craigslist, but we have had no interested parties. Is there anyone out there who could point me to a resource for more information or to get this item in front of a larger audience. Our program is a great cause and we know this is a special item that is quite valuable and would help to cover a woman's housing and treatment for several months. Here's what we DO know about it: Strong Super Trouper, Made in Toledo, Ohio, Model 51001-2, Serial #60066, Possibly from 1971? 115 AC volt power supply, lamp says 31 volts, 44 amps, model 49006-1. Thank you in advance to anyone with information that can help us turn this monster light into funds for our program. We are in need of funding right now and would like to move it along ASAP, so there is a bit of urgency in this message!

do you have the ballast and stand that go with that beast? Gear source.com could be a way to sell it. Not a lot of companies that need that big of a follow spot will look on Craigslist. do you also know if its a functional unit or not?

There are several sources in our wiki. Of course, you could also start calling various venues throughout the city and maybe one of them would be interested in helping you out.

The biggest factor in use and value will probably be whether it's a carbon arc or xenon version. If it's carbon arc your audience is pretty much collectors, if it's xenon you will liekly be able to sell to a theater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back