Hello, World

Hi there! My name is Alex Murrin, and i'm student at the George Washington University in Washington, DC. I'm the assistant TD for one of the three theatre clubs there, and treasurer for our student theatre council. I'm here because i'm interested in learning different perspectives and new ideas- and i need all the help i can get! In between 25 year old dimmers only four of which work, lights that have never been cleaned, and a stage that warps in any humidity above 25%, I've had a hard time trying to make our theatre work. This upcoming year will be extremely difficult- our technical director is getting ready for graduate school, and has given me the responsibility of TDing all but two shows for the entire year! (so far that means 10). This in mind, I figured now is a good time to make friends with knowledge far beyond my own- I'm so excited to get to know everyone!:)

Welcome Alex. This is a great place for you to hang out. Do some searching in the archives and you should find information on cleaning instruments. Tell us what kind of dimmers and what's going on and we may be able to help you troubleshoot what's wrong with them... post your troubles in the lighting forum for the most help on that issue.

Most important get involved and post. The community here is great to just be a part of.

First off, welcome to the booth. As gaff said, we are here to give info, advice, and even to vent to. We have a vast collection of knowledge from all aspects of the live entertainment world. Ask any question you might have, and offer up any insight you have. We are happy to help out any way we can, or just shoot the breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back