Hello

emac

Hello + Questions

Hi
i am a freshman in high school (really small one at that 300 students) and we do a theater production every year. in the past years we would rent a stage out but this year the stage that we would use is booked when we need it. In past years the theater has provided all lights and sound equipment and staffing but this year we will be doing are own. I will be in charge of both light and sound. This year we are looking at getting a high school stage at a different high school that is used by our district as a intrum school(meaning when schools are remodeled they live there) the stage is in OK condition. The theater holds about 1032 people and has two soundboards in what seems to be usable condition, it has a electronics diversified minstrel light board and a few lights that were left from the high school that was useing the theater last year(they striped most of the lights though they got a complete new stage with new lights).

THe questions i have are #1 how many mics and what types of mics i should use for this show...

and #2 how many lights, what type of lights ect i should use...

#3 how do i work that darn light board i sorta know how it works BUT i have no clue how to program scenes ect

thxx a bunch

emac

Last edited:
Re: Hello + Questions

Hi
i am a freshman in high school (really small one at that .....

Don't worry all freshmen feel small. In a couple of years you'll get bigger!
:twisted:

Sorry, had to.
Wow you sounds like you get to shoulder a lot of responsibility real quick. Let me help you out a little.
First off, let's get you to split this post up the new member forum is a great place to do exactly what you did, intro yourself and tell us how you got here, and what you might be looking for. Now I need you to split the rest of your post up into various categories. Why? Well some of the other cranky old folks around here never read the New members forum and though they are cranky they just might have the answers you're looking for.
Throw a question in the lighting forum about help finding a manual for that minstrel.

Use the Search function to look around for some others who have had that "deer in the headlights" feeling, and might not have known how many lights and where to put them.

Then throw a post into the sound section asking about mic placement and typing.

Now I will help out on one other thing. INFO we need a lot of it. Now you said the facility you're using seats around 1000 so I'm guessing it's not going to be a black box or a cafeteria but folks are going to want a lot more info to form decent answers for you. I could tell you you need 10 s4's, 5 WFLs4 PARs and 2 sm57's and I'd be right, if you were producing a one man show in my lobby. What type of stage? How many acts? you doing general micing or do a bunch of acts need handhelds? Are you doing one big light plot with set specials that people can choose from ? or are you doing a big plot with different looks for every act?
All this info is going to have a huge impact on the answers you get.
I look forward to reading about your project!
Congratulations on getting such a big responsibility at such an early stage in your career!
And welcome to the Booth!

Welcome! Van gave you some great advice about reposting in the proper forums and providing more specific info. I am certain that will provide you with a wealth of information. Also, don't be afraid to use the search function and look into the Wiki for information that is already out there. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back