Hello

Greetings all. I found this forum in Google. I am from China and work in R&D of stage lighting. In this forum I want to what the user care about. And We can discuss some the lighting technical question.

Welcome to the Booth Clorslighting! We are always happy to have someone else from the industry join our community. You will find that the reputation of Chinese made products is mixed here. Some products are considered worthless garbage. Others, like Neo-Neon who are OEM manufacturers for many products, are considered an interesting alternative to low priced "American" products that are actually made by Neo-Neon.

What do we care about? Price AND Quality. Most theaters have very little money to spend on a regular basis. We get money for a one time purchase and the products we buy must last for 30 years. So although it's important for a product to be priced low, the long term durability is extremely critical. We can't afford to buy products that won't last MANY years. Our funding also means there is very little money to pay for repairs. So products again need to be durable or easily repaired by the user. I know several theaters that have a room of broken equipment they can't afford to buy parts for.

Finally the long term reliability of a manufacturer's service is important. If you are going to be using a product for 30 years it's important to be able to trust that the manufacturer will still be making parts for it in 15 years.

Welcome. We encourage you to discuss your product development ideas and what customers are interested in here. We have many representatives from companies and manufacturers here and it's clear they listen to what our members post. However, you are NOT allowed to sell your product here. Anything that sounds like an advertisement to sell a product will be deleted and can result in you being banned from posting here. Please read the rules here. If you have any questions contact me, any senior team member, or dvsDave the webmaster.

Last edited:
...Finally the long term reliability of a manufacturer's service is important. If you are going to be using a product for 30 years it's important to be able to trust that the manufacturer will still be making parts for it in 15 years.
cough*Don't get Stranded*cough.

Another thing we care about is original projects. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but patent infringement is not. Very rarely have I ever seen a copy of a product that was an improvement over the original.
This
proxy.php

or this?
proxy.php

I don't care if the former is half the cost (which it isn't) of the latter, it is inferior in every way. Food for thought.

Thank you very much to Gafftaper and Derekleffew. I understand your impression of "Made in China". In most status the price and qualities is conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back