Hello!

Hello!

Nice to find a forum with other lighting people around etc... Just started to try and network, and meet and learn from people that are in the industry. I have been doing lighting myself for about 10 years, and I am in the beginning phases of starting a small business, specializing in small venues (small theaters, clubs, social events etc...). I am trying to learn a lot more about power management, the science of trusses and some other production aspects. I have been designing and producing on a small scale for quite some time, and I am looking to find some more venues and events in the Florida area. I currently use a combination of Wysiwyg Demo, (just for quick idea building and basic visualization) and Elation Emulation PC based controller for programming moving lights/LEDs and have lately used ETC Expression Dimming Consoles for basic theater and small venue applications. My hope is to purchase the full version of Wysiwyg (if there is something better and more affordable, that would be great!) as I believe it will save so much more time in the design and production process...

I love lighting, and it is an expensive addiction, but I am hoping I can finally start making it more of a regular thing for me.

Nice to meet everyone!

(Sorry if I was long winded)

-Patrick

Welcome Patrick! Great to have you here with us. I hope you enjoy your time here on CB! Feel free to jump in. Let us know how we can help you.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back