The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by highschooltech, Dec 17, 2006.

1. highschooltech

highschooltech Active Member

Hi,
    I am an electrician at my high school theater. We operate a large performing arts center with two full time technicians, our TD and manager, as well as several other part time jobs that are filled by other techs in the area. I have been involved in theater starting when i was in 7th grade and was brought on as a audio operator for my middle school and latter moved on to be the student TD. I also volunteer heavily at my church as a soundboard op for our contemperary worship band.
    However, it wasn't untill several months ago that i really found out the area of theater that i enjoyed the most, lighting. At the start of my this year, i began to voluneter in the theater at my school. I told the TD what i had done before and he asked if i was interested in lighting and i said sure. From that point on i have worked for the lighting designer when she is in. On my first big show i was the master electrician, which i found pretty funny because it was my first large experience in that theater. Any how, over the last couple of shows and concerts i have become the lighting board opp after our the previous one had been replaced for various reasons.

2. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Welcome aboard ! you'll certainly find a ton of lighting expireince on here, as well as every area of technical theatre. Look forward to hearing from you.

3. Chris15

Chris15 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Welcome to Controlbooth.

(Van seems to beat me every time...)

4. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Just remember; " Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every-time."
    :twisted:

5. CHScrew

CHScrew Active Member

Welcome to CB.

6. Chris15

Chris15 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

I should have expected "words of wisdom" like those :p

7. PhantomD

PhantomD

Yes the lighting forums on here do seem to have a heck of a lot more topics than anything else!

Oh yeah...welcome...:lol:

Make sure to only believe half Van's wisdom!