Hello

sobenson

Hello,
My name is Scott and I am new to the boards. Currently I am TD at a 2,250 seat theater with a 450 little theater in SC. My past experience has me working on Broadway and doing industrials with Local 1 in NYC. Before that I worked as a shop tech for Vari Lite in NY, as well as worked as a Technician on the Queen Elizabeth 2 and Royal Viking Sun cruise ships, for Cunard. I went to school at Illinois State University graduating in '97 with a degree in Technical Theater. I have been out of the game for a couple of years and am trying to get a good foothold on all the new technology.

Glad to be here!

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Welcome Aboard!! Wow, What a great background. I'm sure you'll have a blast here. Ask what you want, answer what you can. Oh and ignore the grumpy Aussies.

soundlight

Welcome aboard! Looks like you've got quite the background there!

As long as you don't mind, does your venue have a website, and could you post that? We generally like to check such things out.

Logos

Welcome aboard Scott always nice to see a new member come on site. And I am not grumpy. I'm a little dopey and occasionally sneezy when the weather is wrong but then I just go and see the Doc.

Hughesie

yeah welcome to the forum
i think what logos means is "but then I just go and see the Doc AND NOT HAVE TO PAY THROUGH THE ROOF FOR IT"
we aussies aren't boring (or dead for that matter) controlbooth is a great place to ask questions and help people out, but there is a slight amount of hieracy going on around here

Gaff!

Logos

actually it was a clumsy and not very clever reference to the seven dwarves (dwarfs?)
Grumpy Dopey Sneezy and Doc. And there was also Sleepy and ... and ...
I give up.

Jervas

Bashfull, don't forget bashfull... and then there's Donner and Vixen ...oh hang on ****ed XMAS bookings ALREADY!!!