Hello!

Voices

Hello Everybody!

I am Artistic Director of a non-profit performing arts organization. Our concerts have a strong theatrical vein, are themed, and cover an eclectic combination of music (from pop, jazz, blues, standards, Christian contemporary, soundtracks, Latin American to straight classical, classical crossover, opera, and symphonic pieces.)

As Artistic Director, I am looking to incorporate tech effects that we can easily add on to the venue where we perform, a 1929 beautiful art deco landmark with very sweet acoustics, decent sound gear, but very limited when it comes down to lighting and other tech needs. We are trying to find ways to provide strong creative impact with limited resources.

I look forward to learning from everybody here as this is not my area of expertise.

Cheers!

Welcome to the booth Voices! We love to give advice, so if you tell us a little more about what you have and where you would like to go and what your budget is, we can start making suggestions. It may be better if you want to talk lighting to go to the lighting forum, and sound in the sound forum, but you could probably talk the whole project under the general advice forum. No matter where you post, we are still happy to help!

If your venue has a website, or if you have any photos online we love to see stuff like that!

Ask lots of questions, offer up any answers you have, and make friends with the search feature. Hopefully we will be able to help you and you may be able to help some of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back