HELP! AUDIO SYSTEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja93cia

Here's the thing I'm college student with a subject Events Management but not a major of it. I don't have any practical knowledge about producing an event but we're asked by our professor to answer these. Yes i do have an idea but not really sure if its the best thing to do. I'd like to hear your opinions about these cases. So please, MY GRADE IS AT RISK:( Help me and thank you! ;)

AUDIO SYSTEMS:

1. 1. You are managing an event in large indoor venue with all glass walls and a very high ceiling, in addition to quite a number of large structural columns. Explain generally why the acoustics are bad in this venue.
  2. 2. A keynote speaker has been hired for conference general session. Besides speaking for 30 min, this person also plans to sing several songs to backing CD tracks as part of his presentation. Suggest three options for microphones for this person and why they may or may not work for him.
  3. 3. You client is dumbfounded by the 48-channel mixer that your audio engineer has just unloaded and set up on the venue wall opposite the main stage. She expresses concern that such a monster is needed for the 12-piece band and three vocalists backing your headline celebrity act, and the simple series of PowerPoint and video presentations that precede the show. Not wishing to appear ignorant, you try to explain its function. What will you say about the various capabilities of the mixer and why so many channels are needed?
  4. 4. An important corporate event has speeches followed by a short 20 min entertainment show to end the evening. There are 400 guests at the black tie dinner in a 150 ft long x 90 ft wide x 20 ft high (45m x 27m x 6m room). What are the two types of, and possible locations for, a speaker system for this event?
  5. 5. Your client is concerned about the length of time required for a show’s sound check. Explain why a proper sound check is required for a good show.

We won't do your homework for you, grade at risk or not. I would suggest either doing some reading or talking to your prof. about the subject. There are plenty of books that will help you answer these questions. With enough searching, you can probably answer them here. Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back