Help! Carpet Suppliers?

ChrisGZ

Hi there I wonder if any of you out there can help me?

I need to source some lightweight carpet for a conference stage. I have seen staging companies use the stuff I am after - it is so thin you could only use it once and you can more or less tear it with your hands.

It must be cheaper than the stuff we are currently buying from Carpet Right, so come on guys - where do I get it from?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

You can pick it up at almost any Auto Upolstery supply. What you want is black "trunk liner". It comes in rolls at 6' and 8' widths. I can't remember the exact length on a roll but I thinks it's 60yds.

Quick tip for putting it down. Do Not Stretch it! Lay a strip of double stick tape around the perimeter of your platform, and a 48 " centers. Leave the paper on it. Roll out the carpet and get it straight. Lightly pull from one end to remove wrinkles, Then, working from one end remove the paper from the double stick and immediately adhere the carpet to the tape. When butting two peices of carpet together, be sure to gaff the seams, or you'll wind up with corporate types tripping.

Hope that helps.

< here's to way too many years of Nike gigs.>

Thank you!

I have had a quick Google search but not come up trumps - does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK?

Chris

Oh, I didn't know you were in the UK. Sorry, no help from me......

Apart from carpet supplier do you have information regarding good carpet cleaners?
Yes, I have much information:
Don't ever use a company called Gold Coast Carpet Cleaning because:
  • They disrespect the rules of a community forum by registering and posting solely to advertise their product or service
  • They disguise their nefarious activity by quoting from an existing post, and burying their URL within that quote
  • They promote a service that is related to the discussion at hand by only the most tenuous stretch
  • They lie about their location, stating they are based in Texas USA when their website has a ".au" (Australia) suffix
  • They utilize an untraceable IP address service, making it impossible to track them
  • Any reputable firm will have their physical address and market area clearly identified on their website and not use a secured contact form
  • Use a local firm for your carpet cleaning needs, ideally one personally recommended by a trusted relative, friend, or colleague.

Hope you enjoy cleaning every carpet in Bantown, you bastard ambers.

Although probably out of budget, we buy from Rose Brand, which is a fabric supplier in the U.S. I have also purchased from event rugs in New Jersey. I don't know about U.K. suppliers, but look for event carpeting, etc.

Van is correct about installation. Getting it down so that it's safe is tricky, so don't over stretch it. Make it smooth, but not taut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back