Help!!!! Deep (clean) reset express 48/96

chieftfac

Does anyone know what keys to press at console start-up to reset a expres 48/96. (I think it;s called a deep reset) I'm trying to do everthing I can think of b4 calling a tech. Our system keep dimming slightly like a power drop at random intervals. Already tried to reset the CEM with no luck....

re: 48/96 reset

I know you could reset the board from it's setup menu as we have done several times...I'm sure you've probably looked but below is the link to the board's manual...

http://etcconnect.com/docs_downloads/manuals/Express_Two-scene_Preset_v3.1_User_Manual.pdf

If you were to download the most recent software release for the board and install that from a diskette it would reset all board settings in the process of the install.

Sorry I can't help more with the "deep reset" - we have never done / heard of this procedure and own a 48/96...we have had interface problems with our systems (we do not have ETC dimmers) and our solutions was to install the latest board software as i said above.

found it!!!!!

Well, with a little experimentation I've found out it's an air flow problem. Looking back at my records It's been 1.5 years since I've cleand out the dust...so it's time to blow the gunk out and vacume the filters. ( I never was good at dusting ) When I find the "deep reset" procedure I'll post it here...or If someone else knows it please post it. It has something to do with pressing a few keys on start up....The system install tech showed me...I just forget what it was

Re: found it!!!!!

tfactech said:
Well, with a little experimentation I've found out it's an air flow problem. Looking back at my records It's been 1.5 years since I've cleand out the dust...so it's time to blow the gunk out and vacume the filters. ( I never was good at dusting ) When I find the "deep reset" procedure I'll post it here...or If someone else knows it please post it. It has something to do with pressing a few keys on start up....The system install tech showed me...I just forget what it was

A quick google search brought up the following link which mentions that you hold down the '7', '8', and '9' keys down , then turn off the console. Still holding those keys down turn the console back on. Release the keys only after the console has booted. If an error message comes up just repeat the cycle once.

http://www.tlsinc.com/toolconsole.html

Hope this helps.

Reset

It should be under setup, then clear options, then clear cues. setup, patch, etc. But also make sure you have the updated version of the software, always helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back