HELP! Im stuck on a NSI MC 7532

This is my first light gig outside of my school, but im on a NSI MC 7532, and its confusing me beyond beleif. I need to program a submaster that includes Chanels from both the "Scene A Sliders" and the "Scene B Sliders." Unfortunatly the manual has been little help. (Unlabeled Diagrams etc.) there is an orchestra performance tonight and I need to have the problem fixed by then.

Thanks,

Burgeonite

1) Go to setup, 2) Change Mode from Sub (or ScnB) to Sngle, this places the board into wide mode so that the indicator next to the B axis will go from Subs to B to 33-64. This will give you 64 channels of control.

**You may need to check you Patch Setup and your output Size as well **

3) To record a submaster (the bump buttons under the B Scene Axis), a) set you light levels of all of your lights, b) hit record, c) hit the appropriate Scene Bump Buttons. You should be able to record 32 different scenes.

4) Once you have recorded all of your scenes, go back to setup and change mode back to Sub (and the bottom row will act as submasters.

Incidently, once you have recorded all of you scenes, you can then program a Cuestack and use the go button to transition from one scene to the next.

You're quite welcome. If all else fails, you can always file a technical inquiry through Leviton/NSI's website. They are great about seeting up some time to chat and walk you through it.

Thank you so much! I was totally lost.

I recently picked up a Leviton MC7532, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the board to talk to a DMX fixture, and more importantly assign it to a specific channel.
Any help ?
Queries:
Realize the XLR3's speak Microplex NOT DMX.
You don't want to connect the Microplex outputs to your DMX fixtures.
The Microplex outputs provide power as well as control signals; the power will fry your DMX fixture's inputs.

If you're connected to the correct outputs with the correct cable(s), your manual should point you to the page detailing soft-patching.
If you don't have a manual, Google will be your friend. RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) then post back with your further queries.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

The MC7532, according to the info I can find on the web, comes with both Microplex (on 3 pin XLR) and DMX512 (on 5 pin XLR) outputs from the factory--no retrofits of this particular controller seem to be necessary.
@DrewE Dig a little deeper; was it always thus, or is this one of the NSI boards that initially had DMX available only as a factory installed option which eventually became a standard feature once @STEVETERRY managed to convince the world there was a better way?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

The really ooold NSI stuff predates DMX.
There really was lighting control before DMX ( I realize that's unthinkable to a few of us).
There were AT LEAST five different control protocols between wicking whale oil and DMX [Yes; really].
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@DrewE Dig a little deeper; was it always thus, or is this one of the NSI boards that initially had DMX available only as a factory installed option which eventually became a standard feature once @STEVETERRY managed to convince the world there was a better way?

No idea, nor is it entirely clear from what I can see. It doesn't seem to be a super super old design, so I'd guess it's been DMX512 from the beginning, but maybe not. That's nothing more than a guess. They do list analog 0-10V outputs and AMX192 outputs as options. I can't find anything online about one without DMX512 in a quick look, but that's not quite a guarantee that one never existed.

(I do suspect they aren't selling a great many anymore, even though it's listed as a current product, at ca. $2300 a pop.)

I was familiar with this console at one point in the past. I believe it always had a DMX output but I seem to recall that it had to be enabled in the settings. I also seem to recall patching had to done with the wheel and was tedious.

I found a YouTube video made by the service department that goes over these issues.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back