Automated Fixtures HELP! Irradiant SRM-6072 Moving Wash Head

kh-nv

Hello, so we have a weird issue. We recently acquired some Irradiant moving head wash units. The weird thing is EVERY time they get a move command (pan/tilt/turn) they play a confirmation sound "music". How do we make it stop confirming? I don't see any settings or mention of this in the manual.

The ODD thing is also, when the unit is set in one of the AUTO/pre-programmed modes it doesn't play the music and moves quietly..

Any ideas (yes already thought of opening and clipping speaker wires), any one have experience with these units, or with similar units that do this? Is there a secret function to turn off the noises?

Thanks very much!

http://hosted.proaal.com/pdf/Irradiant/ILDM-4036123-00D-11.pdf

Interesting. You got a video of this, for curiosity only.

Hi, I will try and post one, because it's the most ridiculous thing. You can sort of hear it in this video that I found while looking for the manual.... It's an interesting "feature".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow that’s annoying.

I’d of ripped the speaker out already lol.

Being that it’s irradiant and they are part of DJ World I wouldn’t be surprised if they built that in as an added “feature” to let people know they are connected to DMX.

Hi There! What you’re hearing are the servos moving the yolk as it tilts and pans the head. I have many of these, yes they’re quite noisy. There isn’t much too do in regards to stopping the R2D2 like sounds coming from these guys. If you’d like to sell them, I’m a buyer! Thanks!

Ermmm some of the noise is motor but if you turn up the volume it has a little jingle at the end of its movement.

R2D2? Sounds more like BB-8
I fear it is indeed the servo drive as the reference winding on the steppers drops down through frequency. Most annoying so I hope I'm wrong, but those are some mighty loud motors.
Auto mode may not do the frequency stepping as it is a pre-programed routine.

Hi, thanks for all the insight, never encountered this before! We'll just reserve to using them during loud dance shows, and not quite moment during a play! I don't think were totally ready to sell them just yet, they're still "new to us". Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back