Help: LED and Smartfade 1248

tackytec

I have walked into a school with a Smartfade 1248. They have also purchased 4 Chauvet LED PAR 64-36B instruments. My predecesor did not use the lights with the board, instead they plugged them in and ran them in standalone.

I need a guide for dummies or someone to walk me through this process. I have no experience with LED and the manuals and forum searches have not helped me figure this out. Any suggestions on where to look for resources or a guide to assist me?

Thanks!
Michelle

The key is to find out the DMX channel breakdown of your LED fixtures. I'm guessing those are RGB, but beyond that there may be other parameters that can be addressed by your controller; it can take several channels to get light out of a fixture with this console. Those units appear to have a three channel mode, if all you need is color control you can use them in that mode and the three channels starting at the address you set will control the Red, Green and Blue LEDs in the fixture.

have fun!

Bob

Each color should have a channel of its own. It looks like you don't have a ton of channels to play with on that board, so i would set it up in 3 channel mode, and then you can individually control the brightness of the red, green, and blue LEDs, which gives you color mixing. I don't think the Smartfade is capable of giving you a way to mix colors automatically (such as a fader that scrolls through colors).

Each color should have a channel of its own. It looks like you don't have a ton of channels to play with on that board, so i would set it up in 3 channel mode, and then you can individually control the brightness of the red, green, and blue LEDs, which gives you color mixing. I don't think the Smartfade is capable of giving you a way to mix colors automatically (such as a fader that scrolls through colors).

Actually, some Smartfades do have profiles, but I think it's only the ML; my experience with that console is limited. Check your manual.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back