HELP! LIGHTING SYSTEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja93cia

Here's the thing I'm college student with a subject Events Management but not a major of it. I don't have any practical knowledge about producing an event but we're asked by our professor to answer these. Yes i do have an idea but not really sure if its the best thing to do. I'd like to hear your opinions about these cases. So please, MY GRADE IS AT RISK:( Help me and thank you! ;)

1. You are an event producer planning for a corporate presentation by a company president who will be speaking from a lectern on a stage, accompanied by PowerPoint on a screen behind the speaker. Recommend the type of lighting you would use and from what directions you would light the speaker.

2. Your client has asked you, the producer, to prepare a technical plan for lighting an outdoor evening rock concert by Jimmy Buffet for 50,000 ‘parrot-head’ fans. Suggest the types of lighting you would use and explain why, in terms of creating the right ambience and attention.

3. Suggest at least 3 ways in which gobos may be used at a special event, including where they would be reflected and where the ellipsoidals would be mounted to achieve the desired look. What is one of the main considerations in choosing the right luminaires?

4. Briefly explain where the electrical signal to control a luminaire goes from the moment a fader is pushed up on the control console. Explain what each piece of equipment does while the signal is en route to its final destination.

5. You are preparing the event production schedule for the large awards show and the venue catering manager has just informed you that the room will only be available from 10 a.m. on show day rather than 1 a.m. You have a huge lighting rig to setup and were counting on the extra time. Explain to the manager and to your client why the extra time is required and how the show might suffer if it is not available.

We won't do your homework for you, grade at risk or not. I would suggest either doing some reading or talking to your prof. about the subject. There are plenty of books that will help you answer these questions. With enough searching, you can probably answer them here. Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back