Control/Dimming Help me ASAP...ETC Express 250 A/B fader

Razzy

Okay, real quick question. Doing a student one act festival. I have a group that has programmed cues, however due to the amount of time they have to do their tech run, they did not have time to program the time in for the cues. **** director's who were way too anal about every cue for just an hour and a half...yadda yadda yadda....

Now my question is, how do I get the A/B sliders to go from cue to cue (currently not working). We can hit the go button and then taking control over the time of the cue by sliding the A/B slider, but its not a preferable method of doing it.

What I want it to make it so that I'm able to have cue 1 on A, and then slide down to B for cue 2, and then slide back up to A for cue 3, so on and so on.

Thank you

Razzy

What you are asking for is not exactly clear. What do you mean that you can't go from cue to cue on the A/B fader? If I understand you correctly, what you are asking for is not possible. It is also a step back in technology. It sounds like you are asking for a 2-scene preset like the 24/48, but on a 250 you do not have that ability. You said that you have all of the cues in the board already, so you are 95% there. All you need are fade times? I am not sure what manually fading cues is going to do for you, why don't you just go through all the cues (in blind if you have to) and just put in a fade time. That wont take more than 15 minutes unless you have like several hundred cues. However, if you absolutely have to have manual control of every cue then here is what you do. Bring both A and B faders down, hit the go button, slide the faders up in your desired time. The A fader will be control your up time and the B fader will control your down time. Once the cue is complete bring the faders down and hit go to do it again.

If this doesn't help you, try explaining what you are after more clearly.

-Tim

Your in Cue 1. A/B sliders are down. Push Go. When you want to run the cue move the faders up. When both faders reach the top, Cue 2 is on stage. Pull A/B sliders down. Push Go. When you want to run the next cue move the faders up. When both faders reach the top, Cue 3 is on stage.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Though why you would ever want to run a show like this, or how this is a good idea is beyond me. But I assume you have your reasons.

Having pre-programmed fade times is nice, but if your under time constraints then sliding the A/B fader manually is a good plan. Depending on how well your board op knows the show, the manual fade can work better then having messy times. We had a similar issue with a show I was involved in, and we ran the fades manually.

Thats why I have the console's default fade time set to 5 seconds. Most cues work well with a 5 count, and if it needs to be slower you still have plenty of time to grab the sliders and take control of the cue.

Personal preference of course; whatever makes the show go (and is legal and safe) is a perfectly fine solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back