HELP! My ETC Express console keys are not responding! What should I Do?

Did you spill something in it?

If you're not time critical, you could do a factory reset to see if that clears the bug: BUT THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON THE CONSOLE AND RESET IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS. Turn it off, hold 789 down while you turn it on, then turn off and on again. Then reload your show file (or one that you know works).

Or +1 for calling tech support. They really are the best, even for legacy products.

If you're not time critical, you could do a factory reset to see if that clears the bug: BUT THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON THE CONSOLE AND RESET IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS. Turn it off, hold 789 down while you turn it on, then turn off and on again. Then reload your show file (or one that you know works).

Or +1 for calling tech support. They really are the best, even for legacy products.
Thanks! It turned out that compressed air did the trick! I'm running the lights in a older HS auditorium (not normal for me) and the board just was really sticky! Thank you both!! Do you have any ideas on getting the shows to save easier because sometimes it doesn't work. I'm gonna try floppys to see if that works lol.

Sounds like the board needs a through cleaning.

If the board is dirty enough to inhibit keys from making contact, dirt/dust is probably your issue in your drive as well. You could take it out yourself and try to clean it (it's not like you're going to void a warranty), or contact ETC support and see if they have a lead for a source for a new (to you) drive. As mentioned, ETC is the gold standard in customer support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back