Help! Need to hook up external dimmer to Express 48/96

Help please. I’m in a panic.
I have an ETC Express 48/96.
I want to run an external dimmer with it. I have the dimmer plugged into the 513 slot in the back. But I can’t get it to work. We have done this before but it’s been years and to be honest my students hooked it all up and I can’t remember what to do. We need this to work by February 16, 2020. Today is is February 15, 2020. Please if you have an answer help us. Thank you in advance!

Help please. I’m in a panic.
I have an ETC Express 48/96.
I want to run an external dimmer with it. I have the dimmer plugged into the 513 slot in the back. But I can’t get it to work. We have done this before but it’s been years and to be honest my students hooked it all up and I can’t remember what to do. We need this to work by February 16, 2020. Today is is February 15, 2020. Please if you have an answer help us. Thank you in advance!
Hi Kimberly, can you tell us a bit more about the external dimmer? What's the make and model?

I'm last person to ask but if 1-512 is working for your installed dimmers, try using that port to talk to your dimmer pack. Easy replugging. Would tell you if its receiving since you can be certain the port is sending if installed dimmers work.

Second, I'm pretty sure the console outis 5 pin and the dimmer in is 3 pin. Is the adapter correct?

And should have been first - are you sure the dimmer pack is properly powered? Check the low effort easy things first even if sure.

If the dimmer pack is set to A001, then you should be setup by default to channels 513-517 on the console. When it's plugged into the 513-1024 port on the back of the ETC Express. But, they could have been repatched.

Easy way to check is to hit the [dim] key

[dim] 513 @ [full], then use the [+] and [-] keys to step through the dimmers. See if the lights plugged in light up. Hit [Clear] to cancel the dimmer check.

I'm last person to ask but if 1-512 is working for your installed dimmers, try using that port to talk to your dimmer pack. Easy replugging. Would tell you if its receiving since you can be certain the port is sending if installed dimmers work.

Second, I'm pretty sure the console outis 5 pin and the dimmer in is 3 pin. Is the adapter correct?

And should have been first - are you sure the dimmer pack is properly powered? Check the low effort easy things first even if sure.
These steps we have correct

hi. This part is correct.

Hi,
The dimmer has power but it won’t receive a command from the board.

You need to go look at your outputs. Setup > 2 > Enter

AD0A761C-B335-42B8-BDF0-5CB1A3C3B4EE.png

Port 2 might be configured to a specific starting channel.

Then you need to check your patch. Patch button.
FE16CB6D-C761-4D5F-B9B3-AE8759BAE9B3.png

If all else fails, never hesitate to give the fine folks at ETC a call, they've come to be know as the best for a reason!
I had sent her a reply to a PM she sent me yesterday giving her the #, she wrote back and said they were able to help her get Port 2 (513-1024) configured correctly, so kudos to @Amiers for correctly diagnosing the issue!

If there’s one thing I could do working at ETC. I think legacy console support would be right down my alley.

I also think all my computers in the house of EOL on it 😂😂😂

If there’s one thing I could do working at ETC. I think legacy console support would be right down my alley.

I also think all my computers in the house of EOL on it 😂😂😂
@Amiers How are you on their little console with the Fred Flinstone chiseled 'rock like' wheel and/or their LP90 clone??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@Amiers How are you on their little console with the Fred Flinstone chiseled 'rock like' wheel and/or their LP90 clone??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Surely the bat-console is the only one that matters? 🤣🤣

I had sent her a reply to a PM she sent me yesterday giving her the #, she wrote back and said they were able to help her get Port 2 (513-1024) configured correctly, so kudos to @Amiers for correctly diagnosing the issue!
Cheers to another successfully helped theatrical compatriot! 🍻 (filled with socially appropriate beverage of choice)

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I ran the expression 3 for 6 years and I loved my bulky intensity wheel. The never ending spin was the best feeling in the world.

Surely the bat-console is the only one that matters? 🤣🤣

I skipped the Obsession and went straight to Obsession 2. I ran that console for 6 years as well.

I ran the expression 3 for 6 years and I loved my bulky intensity wheel. The never ending spin was the best feeling in the world.
And you're still 'spewing spin' to this day in the corporate world one spinette at a time.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Ah, Dr Weast. NWOSU?

I skipped the Obsession and went straight to Obsession 2. I ran that console for 6 years as well.
Ah, but I thought that was the bat-console (because of it's angular design)?

I started towards the end of the Express(ion) era, so I haven't spent much time on them (though still a decent amount). I seem to be at about 5 years for my Ion (classic) journey though, which is definitely always going to be my console of yore. (Given sufficient time of course!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back