Conventional Fixtures HELP Strand LEKO 2200 Series Missing Parts

It's just a bayonet quick cap thing. Leave the setscrews alone and just turn it left to open it; leave the setscrews alone and push it in and turn it right to put it back in. That allows you to keep your bench focus while relamping, and also making it not a pain to bench. That said, it's not my favorite cap at all.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Looking at your images made it all come together. I left the thumb screw tight...grabbed the handle on the lamp housing and twisted it left, or counter-clockwise...scrape...bang! and the housing was loose. The al key/thumb screw is on a 'spring' plate which compresses when twisting the housing.

All fixtures I've worked with before have a thumb screw which you loosen to remove the lamp housing, so I assumed (and you know what happens when you do that...) that the tri-wing thumb screw had to be removed to remove the lamp housing...and so my focusing on the thumb screw. The thumb screw is in fact part of the lamp centering and should not be adjusted.

The thread where this was discussed before noted to twist the housing...which I tried but to the right...wrong way. On the outer ring there is an image which suggests twisting the lamp housing to the right...but now I realize that indicates rotating to lock the housing in place...NOT to remove it. The image looks like "I---->" where the "I" or line shows the alignment of the lamp housing when inserting it in to the outer ring. And the end of the arrow is where the handle will be when locked in place. The image seems to be counter-intuitive. It is for putting it together...not taking it apart.

Thank you so much for your help. Again, the value of a professional forum is evident.

All fixtures I've worked with before have a thumb screw which you loosen to remove the lamp housing, so I assumed (and you know what happens when you do that...) that the tri-wing thumb screw had to be removed to remove the lamp housing...and so my focusing on the thumb screw. The thumb screw is in fact part of the lamp centering and should not be adjusted.

Took me about a full hour to figure how to get the blinking thing apart the first time. Lots of swearing and asking it "why will you not open?". :)

Great find, herbiethemisfit. Unfortunately, the parts are no longer available, but am attaching the exploded view document here in case the host side goes down or is revised at some future date.

Attachments

• 1992-newleko 40deg_parts.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 458
Hey, I have a handful of old Strand Leko 2200 series that are only missing the catch that holds the base into place. it's the small metal bit that the knob for focusing the light screws into and that the base twists over to catch. Does anyone know where I can find this piece or what this piece is called? Thanks!

Hey, I have a handful of old Strand Leko 2200 series that are only missing the catch that holds the base into place. it's the small metal bit that the knob for focusing the light screws into and that the base twists over to catch. Does anyone know where I can find this piece or what this piece is called? Thanks!

Are those models you're referring to circa the early to mid 90s?

mr192, you mean this piece, right?
Str2200lampcap_dog.jpg

1771d1239686670-relamping-leko-2240-6x9-leko3.jpg
1772d1239686670-relamping-leko-2240-6x9-leko4.jpg

[-]
I can't find my exploded drawing of that fixture, but it might be called a "sliding locking dog", "lamp cap retaining dog" or somesuch (Here, I called it an aluminum key). [/-]
EDIT:
http://www.controlbooth.com/attachm...ng-leko-2240-6x9-1992-newleko-40deg_parts.pdf
The part is question is called a BAYONET STOP PIN part# FB/0C41761/1.

The exact Strand term doesn't really matter, as you're NEVER going to be able to source just that part. Since cannibalizing other fixtures is likely not an option, try taking the part to a local machine shop, who should be able to replicate it reasonably inexpensively.

Don't forget about the slippery plastic/paper/Teflon "washer"--that's kind of important also. The "washer" is PTFE WASHER part# CB/0D41864.

... that holds the base into place. ...
Please! Socket, or to be more correct, in this case, lamp cap. The base is part of the lamp!:evil:

Last edited:
He's right the parts just don't exist anymore without removing them from a cannibalized unit or making something that will work yourself. I believe the oldest fixture you can still get some parts for is the strand SL, but last I heard it was a $500 minimum order.

... but last I heard it was a $500 minimum order.
Seems they've made progress. Back in the 1980s (when a dollar was worth something :angryoldman:) the minimum parts order, for a dealer, was $1000!

That is the piece that I am searching for. I was fairly certain that I would not be able to find it anymore, but now with a name and part number I might be able to see if any distributors have any hiding on a shelf somewhere in the back of storage. I might be able to replicate enough on my own, thanks for the idea.

We have a flock of those Lekos. I have resorted to buying used instruments on ebay to get parts.

The problem I have is some kind of oxidation forming on the reflector, which ruins the performance of it. I haven't found a solution other than to change the reflector.

We have a flock of those Lekos. I have resorted to buying used instruments on ebay to get parts.

The problem I have is some kind of oxidation forming on the reflector, which ruins the performance of it. I haven't found a solution other than to change the reflector.

Are they instruments kept bench focused properly? If not it can cause damage to the reflector that looks like that.

Hi
I have some of those lights Strand Leko but the technician who maintained them in past made a lot of mistakes in assempling them. So now for example I have Lekos 15 degrees that have different light angles.
I need if possible the exploded view of that fixture

Thanks

I know this is an older posting but I thought I would continue the thread since one of the questions didn't get answered. Does any one know what these Lekos are actually called? I've tried searching the strand site including the UK version to no avail. On one image version I found there is a degree label on the gel holder facing back on the lens barrel. On the bunch I have at my high school there is a 30, 40, and 50 on the yoke label, next to Strand Leko name (no lens barrel label)...am I right in assuming this is the degree label?

BTW I also fiddled with the lamp cap for about 30 minutes one late night in the air trying to figure out how to get the lamp out...found that you don't need to remove the thumb screw completely. If you do, and you're in the air, the silver set nut will probably fall out and then you're screwed...yup happened to me!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 323
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 321
I know this is an older posting but I thought I would continue the thread since one of the questions didn't get answered. Does any one know what these Lekos are actually called? I've tried searching the strand site including the UK version to no avail. On one image version I found there is a degree label on the gel holder facing back on the lens barrel. On the bunch I have at my high school there is a 30, 40, and 50 on the yoke label, next to Strand Leko name (no lens barrel label)...am I right in assuming this is the degree label?

BTW I also fiddled with the lamp cap for about 30 minutes one late night in the air trying to figure out how to get the lamp out...found that you don't need to remove the thumb screw completely. If you do, and you're in the air, the silver set nut will probably fall out and then you're screwed...yup happened to me!

You don't need to remove any screws on those to change the lamp. You grab the handle, turn about 1/8 turn to the left and then pull the cap straight out.

My venue has several of the new style Lekos (i.e. 1992-97) and one of two of them are missing their shutters (I suspect that they were pulled out a little too far). Is there a good way to get the shutters back in the units while they're in the air?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back