Help! Suggestions on what lighting equipment to buy...

magenta

Hello GURUS!!!

I was tasked to set up a small lounge... 8 foot high, one level piano bar/ four piece band.
Chances are there will be two singers on every night.

The challenge is what do I use to light them up, just the singers... at the moment there are pin lights installed. The singers didn't want them obviously and whispered that those are the lights he uses to light up his plants! Anyway... what would be a good set up for this close proximity lighting. I don't think buying dimmers is on the menu. So I was thinking more of LEDs. What would be a nice lighting board to go with this small set up...
Please... help!
Pressed for time!

Thanks all!!!

What is the budget?
What is the throw distance?
What kind of board do you have, or want to get?
How wide and deep is the stage?
What kind of power is already installed?

Answer those questions (and i am sure others will come up with more) and we will be much better off to help. Saying that though if you are doing a "new" install and you have a short throw then I agree that LED's are probably the way to go. Though I would probably look into 2 or 4 source 4's (possibly junor depending on throw and space) for front lighting the singers. That way you get good white light, and you should be able to hook them up through a shobox dimmer to the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back