help with a dinosaur

stuart

Found this beast in a basement, can anyone tell me what the control tech for this 10 pin cable is. I was hopeing to get a dmx workaround board or someting for it since its a powerhouse at 1200w a channel.

20130227_225245.jpg

I can get this up and working for you with some common equipment. You need a very simple DMX to analog converter. That pack takes 0-10v analog signals with a 10-pin Cinch Jones connector -- all still very easy to obtain. Call me at 607-797-2950 for help.

Found this beast in a basement, can anyone tell me what the control tech for this 10 pin cable is. I was hopeing to get a dmx workaround board or someting for it since its a powerhouse at 1200w a channel.

8841-help-dinosaur-20130227_225245.jpg
This is a 0-10v DC control cable. You can find these on many legacy systems, Leprecon for one. A, D to A or Digital to Analog conversion may be possible. There are many stand alone boxes out there, but you can also mounting a 5pin in the case and have a board conversion internally. This assumes there is room....

Good Luck!

L Sly

... I was hopeing to get a dmx workaround board or someting for it ...
WHY is it in the rack upside down? And possibly worse, between two amplifiers??

You'll need:
Northlight Systems DMX512 decoder, 0-10 VDC output. +power supply, or other device from DIY DMX: Demux, Protocol Converters, etc. - ControlBooth
FEmale 10pin Cinch-Jones connector
Appropriate enclosure
DMX connectors
Wire
Soldering skills

The pin-out is
... Should be 10 pin Cinch-Jones on the control.
Pins 1-6 - Channels 1-6
Pins 7 - NC
Pin 8 - Common
Pins 9-10 - NC
For the inline connectors, part numbers are
P310CCT for male (plug)
S310CCT for female (socket).
This vendor lists either for 10.50 USD. You might also source them from Allied, Newark, Mouser, and so on; your favorite ETC dealer, or ETC itself at 1-800-688-4116.

Cut sheet: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...LxlmS2ENggH_k7ZfI1lWLgA&bvm=bv.43148975,d.b2I (PDF)

... since its a powerhouse at 1200w a channel. ...
I think I'd rather put the effort into an SL620 SmartPack. Even more of a powerhouse, weighs less, and takes up less rack space.

I think I'd rather put the effort into an SL620 SmartPack. Even more of a powerhouse, weighs less, and takes up less rack space.

sorry its not hooked up, hence the upside down in a big pile of other old stuff, i wanted to use it for an outdoor festival to power up some large par racks, i only have a small dimmer pack currently and im not really willing to buy anything bigger for the amount i will use it, i figured since i have it why not try to utilize it in some way.

I like the idea of mounting the converter in the case and just adding a regular dmx jack to the front, i will take this thing apart on the weekend and see what i have in there for space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those KAW type fuses may be a challenge to find these days.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back