Sound f/x Help with converting to mp4 for my iPod?

Fannys

Yesterday I downloaded Moyea video converter to convert swf (flash) files to mp4 for my iPod. The converter works fine and the videos come out in excellent quality when I try playing them on my iTunes, but when I put them on my iPod it only played audio and showed a black screen.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

With QuickTime Pro you can convert video files into iPod video files (no idea what the extension is) using the export feature. Banged my own head a few times with this issue too. iTunes will play several different video formats, your iPod is a more little picky.

iTunes also doesn't like to give out error messages to let you know when there's a format problem - I have several files that won't even transfer to the iPod, although the file formats look correct to me.

With Windows, I like Cucusoft converter for video, and it seems to handle most types of video files without problems if you don't have QuickTime Pro. Cucusoft is great for converting DVD files. There are several free converters available of various quality if you Google "free flv converter" or some such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back