Help with DMX address and LED Bars

Hello,
I am fairly new to DMX addressing.
I've just order 8 Microh LED bar II. I've also picked up a Chauvet Obey 4. The guy from the store told me that it would work with the Microh LED Bar II.

However, I am researching on my own and I am thinking that they *might* not be fully compatible. The LED bar II manual is this:
http://microhpro.com/products/ledbar1and2/ledbar2-manual.pdf

I believe the interested part is here:
DMX Channels (Bar II Version)11 - Controls 3 Sections
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

It seems like this bar only works with 11 channels. Would it work with the Obey 4 - which supports 4 channels only?
The DMX allocation address from the manual above (led bar II) shows:
Channel 1: 0-1 light off
4-9 light on
[...]
Channel 2: R G B dimmer
Channel 3: R dimmer
Channel 4: G dimmer
Channel 5: B dimmer
Channel 6: R dimmer
Channel 7: G dimmer
Channel 8: B dimmer
Channel 9: R dimmer
Channel 10: G dimmer
Channel 11: B dimmer

What would be the address to set in the Microh LED bar II?
Can I set it to A002 or D002 so that it only use 3 channels?

I would look for another controller, the obey 4 will give you a little control, by letting you use the built in chases in channel one but that's about it. You could address the light at 2, but that way it looks in the manuals you would only have manual control of the red and green LED's of one section.

Ok in the adress window for the bars "A____ " is the where you set the adress the "D" or is it "P" is some sore of copy of the adress and I have never figured what it does.

so put 001 into the adress

The Microh LED BAR is an 11-channel fixture. The Obey 4 is a controller designed to work with 4-channel (RGBW) fixtures. This controller will not work. I suggest at least the Obey 10.

Hello,
I am fairly new to DMX addressing.
I've just order 8 Microh LED bar II. I've also picked up a Chauvet Obey 4. The guy from the store told me that it would work with the Microh LED Bar II.

However, I am researching on my own and I am thinking that they *might* not be fully compatible. The LED bar II manual is this:
http://microhpro.com/products/ledbar1and2/ledbar2-manual.pdf

I believe the interested part is here:
DMX Channels (Bar II Version)11 - Controls 3 Sections

It seems like this bar only works with 11 channels. Would it work with the Obey 4 - which supports 4 channels only?
The DMX allocation address from the manual above (led bar II) shows:
Channel 1: 0-1 light off
4-9 light on
[...]
Channel 2: R G B dimmer
Channel 3: R dimmer
Channel 4: G dimmer
Channel 5: B dimmer
Channel 6: R dimmer
Channel 7: G dimmer
Channel 8: B dimmer
Channel 9: R dimmer
Channel 10: G dimmer
Channel 11: B dimmer

What would be the address to set in the Microh LED bar II?
Can I set it to A002 or D002 so that it only use 3 channels?

you do not just address to one channel you are addressing to the whole unitl and this fixtur uses 11 channels the 2nd channel is the dimmer for the whole bar (fixture)

Not sure about this particular model off hand but Ive used some of the Microh bars in the past and there were multiple modes. One was a 3 channel mode, however I do not recall what model these were but they LOOK identical. The manual given there says nothing about it however but this does not surprise me in the slightest.

If I remember "P####" or "A####" sets the unit to slave with that start channel? But again I don't recall correctly. I remember going into the menu and selecting "3-ch" then setting the address. Could be im out to lunch as its been a while since I've set them up and addressed them. Its my friend who owns them and I could ask him later on and find out for sure.

upload_2014-6-23_10-42-25.png

here from the manual line 3

I have fought with this and ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back