Help with Show control/audio mixing/video switching

Tower of Terror Theater

So I am attempting to present a themed entertainment scene at my home based essentially on equipment from Fright Props used for Haunted Houses. A partial list of relevant equipment so far involved includes the following.

BooBox Flex max (12V output model) This has a 50W Amp built in
LCD monitor (DVI input; already have HDMI to DVI cable)
65" LCD commercial TV used in portrait mode (has on board media player which I dont know how to use)
Pair of in-ceiling 8ohm speakers
Pair of 10" in-wall passive subwoofers.
A Sony A/V receiver (Sorry dont know model #; was top of the line model 4 yrs ago)
TDA7498E 2 Channel Stereo Audio Amplifier Receiver Mini Hi-Fi Class D Integrated Amp for Home Speakers 160W x 2 + 24V Power Supply for subwoofers
Two Sprite Seamless Looping HD Triggerable Video Players ; one supplying video to LCD monitor via HDMI to DVI cable, and one supplying video to 65" commercial TV via HDMI.

Firefly 351 Lightning/Thunder simulator with line level thunder audio out.

So I have a Haunted house technician involved in the project who is familiar with the Flex max function and programming, but not so familiar with the audio/video equipment and audio/video switching in the current project which has multiple AV sources and needs audio mixing.

]In my short time on this forum, members have been very kind and helpful in providing feedback, but I think this is something that I may need hands on assistance in the Las Vegas area in connecting the A/V equipment outputs from the two Sprite players, the audio output from the Flex max controller, and the audio output from the Firefly lightning/thunder simulator and having these play through the AV receiver supplying amplified sound to the two in ceiling speakers and the two subs. FYI only one of the Sprite players will be playing files at any one time, although I would like to be able to mix audio input simultaneously from the Flex max controller, and the Firefly lightning/thunder, and one of the Sprite media players simultaneously. I guess, I could just not involve the AV receiver in video switching between the small LCD TV and the 65" commercial TV and just have the HDMI outputs go directly to their respective TVs. I am not married to any of the individual components, so would certainly be open to any additional equipment that may make my goals easier to achieve.

Lastly if I can figure out how to do the audio mixing then I am considering adding an additional 65" portrait mode TV to go alongside the current one and make them form a small video wall; but again I have no clue on how to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back