Conventional Fixtures Help with spotlight

Hello,

I am a teacher and also the director of our theatre program. I have 4th and 5th grade students. We were gifted a spotlight. It is an AltSpot Follow Spotlight, from who knows what year. Two weeks after it came to us, the lamp burnt out. I had a very hard time trying to remove it. Finally our janitor yanked out part (I think) of it. But I can't seem to get a replacement (the ends look different).

Help us please!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

to remove the base, push it in slightly, and then rotate it counter-clockwise a quarter turn (90°).
the lamp code will be written on the ceramic base.
If you don't have a source for lamps, you can call a theatrical supply house like BMI (800-836-0524). They should be able to help you.

The red label on the back tells you everything you need to know. You need a "DTJ" lamp (bulb). Either call a theatrical supplier like Production Advantage or check with whoever orders the "light bulbs" for your school and have them ask their vendor for a quote.

This is a mogul pre-focus base. You have to first push down on the bulb and and while pushing down rotate the bulb until two metal "fins" on the bulb inside the socket line up with the open segments of the socket. It will then lift out. It does not screw in. Now that the janitor has ripped off the glass part, you will have to take a paper towel or cloth and push down on the ceramic base and try to rotate it so it will lift out.
Good luck.

Attachments

• DTJ.jpg
    DTJ.jpg
    843 bytes · Views: 260
The red label on the back tells you everything you need to know. You need a "DTJ" lamp (bulb). Either call a theatrical supplier like Production Advantage or check with whoever orders the "light bulbs" for your school and have them ask their vendor for a quote.

This is a mogul pre-focus base. You have to first push down on the bulb and and while pushing down rotate the bulb until two metal "fins" on the bulb inside the socket line up with the open segments of the socket. It will then lift out. It does not screw in. Now that the janitor has ripped off the glass part, you will have to take a paper towel or cloth and push down on the ceramic base and try to rotate it so it will lift out.
Good luck.

THANK YOU!!! This worked perfectly!

You can certainly use the DTJ lamp, but ultimately I would order the DTA lamp.
Here is why:
Both the lamps are 1500 watts, the DTJ is rated for 25 hours of use and the DTA is rated for 100 hours of use.
BMI has both lamps listed here:
http://shop.bmisupply.com/lamps/ANSICoded/start-with-d-
The DTJ is about 10% brighter than the DTA, but I have always chosen to use the DTA lamp in these spots for longer life.

A6512021-BC9B-4C89-8D2C-D528EBE3D965.jpeg
0EA3D546-1641-40B9-955A-4C71FF4BAC34.jpeg
85BE0138-11B2-44FA-BB7F-BB23A513CFBF.jpeg
EFC31306-2417-44F3-B900-658F92571482.jpeg
1CC7075B-4B45-411B-AA83-268BE69B40A2.jpeg
9512D38A-C875-4AFA-90CA-E71EE91A41A8.jpeg
We also have an Altspot Follow Spotlight. Definitely needs rewiring but seems to be in better shape than the Capitol. If either one of these can be refurbished and used again I want to know exactly what needs to be done. Any info would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back