Hey from Massachusetts ^^

Ya, I have been known to be random at times! (especially when I have been up until 2AM the past 3 nights setting up old computers and fixing others (getting ready to try to multitrack record the cheap way, setting up 2 or 3 computers and pushing record on them all, with each recording at least 2 chanels of audio. Then later, I can drag it all back onto my powerful computer and post mix it into what will hopefully be a decent sounding live concert recording) (ya, talk about randomness :) )

propmonkey said:
if evolution took place then why are there still monkeys around??

Because we had a common *ancestor.*

@ Peter: That sounds awesome! You fix computers? What sorts of concerts?

Lisa

Yep, I do just about everything with computers (from websites (www.GrowInGrace.com (hand made by your's truely)) to assembling the components. The concerts I do are mostly eather school fundrasing concerts or Christian concerts (some times small bands, often choruses) Some of the recordings from these christian events can be found on my website, although the stuff that is up there isnt too good.

Peter said:
Yep, I do just about everything with computers (from websites (www.GrowInGrace.com (hand made by your's truely)) to assembling the components. The concerts I do are mostly eather school fundrasing concerts or Christian concerts (some times small bands, often choruses) Some of the recordings from these christian events can be found on my website, although the stuff that is up there isnt too good.
That's so cool. :) Your website is very well put together.

Hehe, I have to admit to liking hymns. ^^ They're so joyful and major-keyed, and even the ones that aren't, like We Three Kings, just sound so awesome. ^^

Lisa

Thanks for the complement about my website. (It was made for my personal use at first, then last year I tweaked it abit to be basicly a shell with seperate contenet so it can be very easly used on other websites (www.mvbcamp.org which a friend put together with about 3 or 4 hours of work [rather amazing I think]) and it was going to be used for my school website, but the web design teacher could not handle teaching the small bit of php involved (it can be fairly abstract stuf).

Ya, I have lost track of how many songs I know by heart. I have most of the 500 hymns in our song book memorized, plus a ton of songs we sing in Young Peoples (kinda like the talent night recordings on my websites (I didnt record those really... the mix is not good at all for most of them)) and I have upwards of 60 hours of contempory christian music on my computer, also all memorized. For some reason, I can memorize names or spellings or much else for that matter, but if I hear a song 3 or 4 times I'll have it memorized.

Peter said:
For some reason, I can memorize names or spellings or much else for that matter, but if I hear a song 3 or 4 times I'll have it memorized.
Yeah, isn't that terrible? I can't do dates or names or places, but songs are wicked easy. It doesn't help at all when it comes to school, but it helps a lot when it comes to calling cues in a dance/music show. ^^ ;)

Lisa

Peter said:
I used to memorize spelling lists in middle school by putting the words and then their spelling to a simple tune. It kinda worked, the only problem is, I dont remember them any more, and my spelling still stinks!

Lol, that's fantastic! I've never had trouble with spelling, mainly because I read scads when I was younger. Don't have time now, sadly. =/ But when we get into things in Biology like the Krebs Cycle, I'm pretty much screwed. Or progressivism in History, and those millions of acts and dates that are like "The Mann-Wilson Act, 1906," v. just "The Mann Act, later 1906," and there's no chance there either. ;) We made up an awesome song for somehig in Biology, I just can't remember what it is. I can remember the song though. Maybe it was the Electron Transport Chain.

Lisa

Lisa

I read tons and tons as a little kid, and have a huge vocabulary and can read quickly, but for some reason the spelling bit got left out of it!

On a random different note... We didnt get to have AP bio today b/c we had a 1/2 day (got out at 10:45) b/c of the snow and ice we are having! Ah, another missed AP Bio session!

Haha, what sorts of books were you in to? Have you read Narnia? ^^ I loved those when I was little, even if I completely missed the symbolism until I reread them later.

Ewie, that's no fun about Bio You meet once a week, right? What are you guys working on now? And how much snow are you having?!?

Lisa

Ahh I know!!! <3 <3 I read them a billion times, and have the box set. ^^ My favorite was probably "The Voyage of the 'Dawn Treader'" because of the image description of the small mermaids under the perfectly blue water, and the fact that the water was just so pretty and clear and sugary. :D

. . . which was your favorite? Which did you read first?

Lisa

Sweet, what's that about? I don't think I've heard of it.

This is the plot summary from the book's website

Two magicians shall appear in England. The first shall fear me; the second shall long to behold me…

Centuries ago, when magic still existed in England, the greatest magician of them all was the Raven King. A human child brought up by fairies, the Raven King blended fairy wisdom and human reason to create English magic. Now, at the beginning of the nineteenth century, he is barely more than a legend, and England, with its mad King and its dashing poets, no longer believes in practical magic.

Then the reclusive Mr Norrell of Hurtfew Abbey appears and causes the statues of York Cathedral to speak and move. News spreads of the return of magic to England and, persuaded that he must help the government in the war against Napoleon, Mr Norrell goes to London. There he meets a brilliant young magician and takes him as a pupil. Jonathan Strange is charming, rich and arrogant. Together, they dazzle the country with their feats.

But the partnership soon turns to rivalry. Mr Norrell has never conquered his lifelong habits of secrecy, while Strange will always be attracted to the wildest, most perilous magic. He becomes fascinated by the shadowy figure of the Raven King, and his heedless pursuit of long-forgotten magic threatens, not only his partnership with Norrell, but everything that he holds dear.

Elegant, witty and utterly compelling, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell creates a past world of great mystery and beauty that will hold the reader in thrall until the last page.

Dude, that looks awesome! I'll def have to check out the website. Do you like it so far?

Lisa

I have read narnia and I have the boxed set as well. Back as a kid, my favorite books were the Redwall series and Harty Boys (I think I have read the entire collection, it was two whole shelves @ the nearest public libarary of any decent size).

Yes we try to meet once a week, and right now are just going though and reviewing old AP tests, not really any one subject in particular.

Well. about the snow, yesterday they (the forcasters) were saying we were going to get 2-3 feet of snow, then yesterday evening they dropped it to 2-3 Inches!!! We went into school normal time this morning, but the roads were starting to freeze up (we had lots of rain, but not enough, and it was cold enough, that we still have most of our snow) as the day went on, it started slushing (yes, slush was falling from the sky) and the roads got worse so they let us out of school at 10:45 yay! (as it turns out, we didnt get any snow, everything that fell today just dripped away (and is now freezing b/c it's down in the 20s now). We may have a delayed start or no school tomorow though b/c the roads must be super icey now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back