Hey from Massachusetts ^^

Peter said:
I have read narnia and I have the boxed set as well. Back as a kid, my favorite books were the Redwall series and Harty Boys (I think I have read the entire collection, it was two whole shelves @ the nearest public libarary of any decent size).

Yes we try to meet once a week, and right now are just going though and reviewing old AP tests, not really any one subject in particular.

Well. about the snow, yesterday they (the forcasters) were saying we were going to get 2-3 feet of snow, then yesterday evening they dropped it to 2-3 Inches!!! We went into school normal time this morning, but the roads were starting to freeze up (we had lots of rain, but not enough, and it was cold enough, that we still have most of our snow) as the day went on, it started slushing (yes, slush was falling from the sky) and the roads got worse so they let us out of school at 10:45 yay! (as it turns out, we didnt get any snow, everything that fell today just dripped away (and is now freezing b/c it's down in the 20s now). We may have a delayed start or no school tomorow though b/c the roads must be super icey now.
We were visiting my aunt and uncle and cousins and one of them had one of the redwall books, so I just plopped myself down and read it in an hour or two. Wasn't enough to get me hooked, but definitly an interesting concept. :)

Yeah, us too about the snow! They definitly said 12-13 inches, and then changed it to 2-3. Oh well, less for us. The worst part is that even for that little snow, this obsessive compulsive plow driver will plow for two hours in the immediate vicinity of my dorm, starting at five n the morning. I want to shoot him/her. ^^

Lisa

LoL lucky you having to listen to plow trucks! (I live within 200 yards of the Mass Turnpike and get to hear all those plows going by in addtion to the ones on my road)

The Redwall series is more then one book, and they kinda flow together. I dont really know if they would have much appeal to older people, but back in elementary school / early middle school, they were great.

Ewie, that's no fun. And snow plot drivers are up at all hours of every night, too. That's unfortunate. Haha, my Engilsh teacher says they sound comforting [!?!?].

I know it's more than one book. ^^ My point is that the one I read didn't get me interested enough to spend time reading the rest of them. ;)

Lisa

ah ok

Need an idea for a b-day present for your english teacher... get a white noise generator or a CD of white noise! (ya, dont worry, i dont get my english teachers b-day presents) I think his/her idea about snowplow sounds is basicly the same idea behind people liking to go to sleep with white noise in the background.

Random question: why do you put ^^ in almost all your messages? what does it mean?

Haha, that's an awesome idea. ;) If I see one, I'll definitly get it - I need to seriously suck up to her anyway.

Oh. It's an anime face. It's like a nevous/vaguely embarrassed smiley type. :D

^^ That's true. Perhaps I was just reading too quickly. ;)

Lisa

How's that? I haven't actually heard of it.

So ya, somewhere back on about page 1 or 2 of this huge beast of a thread we were talking about AP Bio, and for those of you who dont know, the test is tomorow! I have spent most of this weekend studying and I think I am about as ready for it as I am going to get. I think I will do well on the multiple choice but I dono if I am going to remember enough of the details about specific things to do well on the essays. Oh well, we'll see what happens and hope for the best! (and hope for no questions about plants or anatomy b/c those are the things that we never really went over!)

To everyone/anyone else who might be taking it: "Have fun!!!"

And to anyone else who might be joining me in taking the AP Chem test on Tuesaday: "Have fun with that too!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back