hey hey yall from Arkansas

HMill1193

im foh for my church and recently ...last week.. upgraded to the M32 from the X32 and currently use an s32 stage box.. Question is ive updated both consoles and was curious do i really need to update the s32 , ive just had it about a year.. didnt know if anyone has had any issues. Also I've moved my x32 to a seperate livestream room connected via cat 6 and Sun after streaming was done my Icampus powered down his console and i lost all audio in main house ...yes it was weird. He had to power back up to regain house audio...any ideas why that would have happened?? Thanks in advance

I'm foh for my church and recently ...last week.. upgraded to the M32 from the X32 and currently use an s32 stage box.. Question is I've updated both consoles and was curious do i really need to update the s32 , I've just had it about a year.. didn't know if anyone has had any issues. Also I've moved my x32 to a separate livestream room connected via cat 6 and Sunday after streaming was done my Icampus powered down his console and I lost all audio in main house ...yes it was weird. He had to power back up to regain house audio...any ideas why that would have happened?? Thanks in advance
Calling @MNicolai and @TimMc and @StradivariusBone
Think POSITIVE.
Test NEGATIVE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

So are you wondering if you should upgrade the stagebox? As in replace the s32 with something like a dl32? Personally, I don't think the sound improvement from one to the other would be worth the cost of the dl32, but your mileage may vary. Are you having any problems with the s32? I have run the gambit of Midas/Behringer troubleshooting recently (which is why I think @RonHebbard called me out LOL), so I can shed light if that's the case.

As far as your streaming setup, you said you connected the two consoles together with Cat 6. How are they connected? Did you install a Dante card? Are you routing via AES50? If you're using the latter, chances are you might be routing audio to the broadcast room first and then relaying to the FOH board. It's impossible to know without knowing how you've connected these devices.

Calling @MNicolai and @TimMc and @StradivariusBone
Think POSITIVE.
Test NEGATIVE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Oh, and don't forget @FMEng in your bat signal, he is also very informed on things like this.

Welcome to the booth @HMill1193 , might I also suggest you post your problem in the Sound, Music and Intercom section. Sometimes posts in the new member area don't get the attention they need.

I'm with @StradivariusBone re the signal routing between S32/console 1/console 2. Are you using the gain/trim sharing? Probably isn't the issue here but curious if you're using the feature.

As for updating the firmware in the S32 - probably not an issue. V1.8 (30 Sept 2020) added forwarding of DP48 messages via AES50. If you're not using DP48, there's nothing to gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back