The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

hey hey

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by Grommet, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Grommet

Grommet Member

i'm a 21 year old lighting/sound/misc jack of all trades.

i'm sound/stage maintenance guy at a restaurant's drag/burlesque shows. me and the lighting guy are the only two with technical theater experience.
    I'm the stage maintenance guy as i'm the only one with a working drill. Its a fun smallish space. the stage is about 20'x20' the house can be crammed with 150 people. we are now up to 3 shows a week every week.

I also bounce around for a lighting and stage rental company, a local theater, some high schools and middle schools and a prop builder for a graphic arts company.

I also work festivals dealing with logistical things of integrating the festival with the venue.

my current project is a musical for a middle school. I have spent several hours crawling through their auditorium trying to figure out how the **** place is wired. Between the 1 to 1 lighting board and the dimmer packs it looks like there are 6 circuits that are free but i cannot find the circuits. There is no resident who knows anything. I'm the closest person as i went to that school 9 years ago before i became interested in theater.

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Welcome to the booth, Grommet. With that name, you need to do us a favor:
    click on grommet and type or copy the following (or your own definition)
    1. A brass reinforcement for a hole for attachment in the top webbing of theatrical draperies
    2. A rubber or plastic bushing inserted in a hole in metal to protect wires or cable from mechanical damage.

I think it's very poetic to have the term grommet defined by someone named grommet.