hey hey

Grommet

i'm a 21 year old lighting/sound/misc jack of all trades.

i'm sound/stage maintenance guy at a restaurant's drag/burlesque shows. me and the lighting guy are the only two with technical theater experience.
I'm the stage maintenance guy as i'm the only one with a working drill. Its a fun smallish space. the stage is about 20'x20' the house can be crammed with 150 people. we are now up to 3 shows a week every week.

I also bounce around for a lighting and stage rental company, a local theater, some high schools and middle schools and a prop builder for a graphic arts company.

I also work festivals dealing with logistical things of integrating the festival with the venue.

my current project is a musical for a middle school. I have spent several hours crawling through their auditorium trying to figure out how the **** place is wired. Between the 1 to 1 lighting board and the dimmer packs it looks like there are 6 circuits that are free but i cannot find the circuits. There is no resident who knows anything. I'm the closest person as i went to that school 9 years ago before i became interested in theater.

Welcome to the booth, Grommet. With that name, you need to do us a favor:
click on grommet and type or copy the following (or your own definition)
1. A brass reinforcement for a hole for attachment in the top webbing of theatrical draperies
2. A rubber or plastic bushing inserted in a hole in metal to protect wires or cable from mechanical damage.

I think it's very poetic to have the term grommet defined by someone named grommet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back