Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Sort of a combination here. Wanted to show the curtain drop we did for A Funny Thing Happened, which reveals the set. The curtain drop. Super simple - big grommets on the curtain that hooked onto right angle brackets strapped to a pipe that rotated. Angles up to load, 180 degree rotation and plop.
Nice! Love that show - it was my senior year spring musical in high school and I saw the Nathan Lane Broadway revival. Good times.

A couple of photos from our junior theatre company. Currently (until tomorrow) presenting Oliver Jr. I built sets and then lit them.
20230712_193906.jpg
20230715_162136.jpg

Hope you like them. We certainly do.
Regards
Geoff

A couple of photos from our junior theatre company. Currently (until tomorrow) presenting Oliver Jr. I built sets and then lit them.
View attachment 24596View attachment 24597
Hope you like them. We certainly do.
Regards
Geoff
Such a fine, wholesome family show - child labor, work houses, murder, rape... Life in Victorian England was certainly colorful! ;)

I'm reviewing the situation...

Nice minimalist design!

Such a fine, wholesome family show - child labor, work houses, murder, rape... Life in Victorian England was certainly colorful! ;)

I'm reviewing the situation...

Nice minimalist design!
Yeah especially for a Jr show. We keep sets to a minimum because it is an hour show that runs for a weekend and the purpose of the set is to strike the imagination.......This could be this place or that place. The sets rotated to reveal other settings and places. London bridge was flown in. I was very happy with that bit.

Last edited:
London Bridge looked somewhat different then to how it looks now, course. The modern London Bridge is actually quite boring.

Here are the major scenes in Clue. Probably the most complex thing my team and I have had to build. Two periaktoi and two book flats. The storage V's of the periaktoi were finished as well. Total of 9 doors. But worth it for sell-out crowds and an added performance. (now maybe there will be money for that intercom system!)

Attachments

• Cluepics.jpg
    Cluepics.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 117
Here are the major scenes in Clue. Probably the most complex thing my team and I have had to build. Two periaktoi and two book flats. The storage V's of the periaktoi were finished as well. Total of 9 doors. But worth it for sell-out crowds and an added performance. (now maybe there will be money for that intercom system!)
Awesome looking stage design! When our local theatre produced Clue last year, we put all of the various doors on wagons and had 8 stage tech move them around between scenes with choreographed precision! (we don't have a lot of offstage space!). I didn't run that particular show, but did help rig the "falling" chandelier (I notice your picture of it, too!). Our Director even included an autographed picture from Tim Curry on one of the bookcases as part of the set dressing. It was a fun show!

There was a picture of Tim on the secret door far SR. It's the door Scarlet and Mustard come out of after entering the other secret door that popped open in picture 3 across the top. We had two stage hands and exiting actors move the periaktoi and stuff between scenes. The floor grid was helpful in their precision.

Reactions: Van
Back again at Pemberley. This is the downstairs of last year's show. This is "The Wickhams Christmas at Pemberley". Real happy with the way the table and benches turned out.

Attachments

• Pemberley23.jpg
    Pemberley23.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 67
This is Les Laisons Dangereuses. The cream color was the lighting designer's dream. She could make it pop in many colors. Hope I never have to hang 7 chandeliers again. With the molding and detail, there are around 80 pieces to each tower. Things we do for 3 weeks of show. (and love it!)

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back