Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Well thats a good question it is if not treated properly. You can purches items for this purpous we bought flame retardent poly snow but this comes with a large price tag esspecialy for a highschool show we were constatly replacing the snow over the run due to dirt and we went through about $1200 worth for 5 shows it was a real job to get it up off the deck i still find it in my pockets almost 7 months latter

Jon Hirsh

MKE: you defanatly have an interesting space. I am not sure I have ever seen anything like it. It looks like you guys do a really nice job with it. You certainly have pleny of lights for such a small area... We probably have the same number of lights, but they are distriubted quite differently, and we are lighting a much bigger space.

I am not a real expert on light, but those all like like really nice looks!

Well i will make this the last coment on the subject only because this isnt the point of the thread. but here it goes as you could see it was the only set pice really other then the truss so thats where we decided to spend our money to make it look right. We do not have a shop so we can not build set pices so we try to come up with intresting ways of using what we have.

Jon Hirsh

MKE: you defanatly have an interesting space

The space that the production was done in is a hall with a basketball court. A set was built on it and portable seating was brought in. The lighting was on bars that were sitting ontop of the gurders. It was a pain to get anything up there and whaen it was all done we had to change filters as they had burnt out. I ended up having to spend several hours re focusing them as the only way to get up there over the seating was using a extension ladder. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi MKE - I was looking at your pics and thinking to myself "hey, those look like Australian line plugs and sockets" and then I notice that you too are from Aus!

Mind if I ask where?

Here are photos of a show i just did i was the automated lighting programer. Its called tick tick boom it was the canadian premire of the show. by Jonathan Larson

Last edited by a moderator:
mke's show

mke, your show was in a school somewhere near vermont south isnt it...i think i was at the bump in for your show last year? and andrew lewis was coordinating it, and you had a flown truss rig last year? or am i totally off the mark...

ryan

you are a long way off.
I live in Australia. all that work was done by me and one other person. It took forever. i would get up early and walk there and do about hour of work. go to school (at the year 7-10 campus down the road about 2k away. the production was done at the year 11 and 12 campus) at 8:15am, walk back over at 3:30 and work to about 9:00pm. (had to work around rehersals everynight to about 6:00).

While I'm not the lighting guy at our youth church I would like to post one anyway. It was taken during a normal service we have on Wednesdays.
proxy.php

That looks awsome i am glade to see people are still posting in this topic. i should have new pics may 17.

Jon Hirsh

If only I could do "We Will Rock You"

i will soon have pix from Seussical the Musical, as soon as i get a chance and ro motivation to post them.

there are a few on our crappy website(i will also redo that as soon as i get the password)

www.sdb.k12.wi.us/memorial/theatre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back