Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

I like how you did the Wiz as a projection. Was that pre-recorded? It is a neat look. We had our wiz speak from behind some flats, and then we opend two flats out and rolled him out on his throne with a huge roll of smoke, and yellow and red lights shineing up through the smoke behind him making it look like he was riding out on a bunch of flames. Anyways, I like the projector look, it is very well blended into the background and realy fits the scene.

Hi everyone. I'm a new member to this forum. I used to do lighting & sound in high school YEARS ago and have gotten back into it since my 17 yr old daughter has expressed an interest. Here's a link to the pictures of North Springs High School's production of Chicago they did last spring.

https://secure1.eyeselect.com/cgi-b...y/category.cgi?category=11&results_per_page=9

My daughter was the LD and I did the sound design. 17 wireless lavs, 4 hanging chorals & 2 floor mics 'just in case'.

Hey, Welcome!

Two generations of techs! sweet! :) My parents just nod and smile whenever I talk anything about tech and only start questioning when they get the bills for equipment! :)

That looks like quite the production! I am amazed by the shows that some high schools put on! These pictures make my HS's shows look like a kindergarten production!

--PS if you'd like to drop by the new member forum I'm sure everyone would like to welcome you!

Your daughter is very talented, I like those pictures of Chicago. I especially like what she did with the jail house scenes.

North Springs is the Fulton county magnet school for the performing arts, so they have big dance, choral, drama, and music departments. The girl in the pictures that played Velma is now on full dance scholarship at Marymount Manhattan.

And yes, I'm VERY proud of her.

Go here: www.ctkevents.com - Click on Rental Information, and then on the left click on Event Pictures. You can see the theatre I work in, and some of the shows I've done.

Did you get to work on the Delarious? concert? If yes, I am VERY Jelous! :) I was just saying it on another thread arround here that I am annoyed that no Christian bands ever make it up to MA or New England for that matter!

Anyway, enough rant, the pics look great!! It looks like quite the setup you have. I like the use of the intels on the stage pointing up!

Peter - Yes, I had the pleasure of not only helping there LD with the show, but I also produced the show. It was a pretty sweet audio rig, from Ford Audio out of Seattle. The lighting rig was all ours except for the 4 HES studio spot 250s on the floor. Sold out concert - 1,500 folks. I am working on booking Point of Grace in the fall, but no definates yet.

The way to get them to your venue: $$$

Unfortunetly you'd think it would be different for Christian bands, but it's not. The promoter had to pay 12.5k to get them here. Ouch!

Here is a photoalbum that the photographer has published with pictures of the last show I designed & Operated.

The show was cabaret, I had 4 Giotto 400's, 2 Studio Spots, 3 Pixel Par LED Strips, 3 SweFog Hazers and about... 250 dimmer channels!

Looked fantastic, sorry that most of the pictures have cast; they got in the way of my design grrrr

http://www.tps.vic.edu.au/promo/cabaret_images.htm[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back